Friday, June 22, 2012

Thinking

Friends, do you remember when I used to blog all the time? And not just pictures or book reviews (which I'm sure are just fascinating to y'all), but actual writing? And I had followers that were perfect strangers?!? Not that I was blog famous or anything, but there was something!

And then it just died. I had kids and a job and a struggling photography gig. And I guess I ran out of steam. I ran out of things to write about. Ok. Not true. I had plenty to write about but it was all the same stuff that everyone else was writing about and so I figured there wasn't a point. I didn't want to join the legions of mommy bloggers. I wanted to be different. Special. (my never ending quest.) And I couldn never figure out what my "thing" was.

I think we all want to change the world in our own ways, or at least make an impression. I think I thought that blogging (and photography) would be my vehicle. They both still pull me, tap me on the shoulder every once in awhile and say, "hey, remember me? We used to have such fun together!" I just haven't figured out how to be honest and true in my expression in a way that speaks true to my soul and pleases me.

I miss it, though. That's all.

2 comments:

Eva said...

yeah, I've been fighting hard not to lose the blog. I'm still writing but it doesn't zip for me the way it used to. Making myself post does get me thinking but I don't find my writing as compelling as I used to. Even flat as it is though, I know I'll miss and regret it if I allow myself to stop.

Annie Jarman said...

I'm glad you still post. I love your stories. Your writing is funny and clever, it hasn't gotten flat at all!

I just don't know what to write about anymore, but I don't want to let it go either. Maybe now that both of my kids are in school I'll have more time to gather my thoughts and post.

Here's to trying to breathe life back into our blogs!