Aidan started whimpering at, geez, I don't know, some unearthly hour last night. He crept into our room and slunk his way into our bed before I even knew what was going on. He was fast asleep in a blink. Okay.... I picked him with a quiet "It's time to go back to your bed, honey" and carried him off to his room, where he stayed unconscious (exactly how I like my babies in the wee hours of the night) for a couple of hours. I groaned when I realized it was 3:45 in the AM. I waited out his cries, hoping he would nod off again, but when he didn't I did the motherly thing and went in to check on him.
"I want ice cream..." he mumbled.
"What?" Surely my ears had deceived me.
"I wanicecream..." I don't even think he's awake, to be honest.
"I'm sorry you can't have ice cream right now."
All out wailing commenced, so I left the room, closing the door behind me because there is no reasoning with a 3 year old at 3:45 in the morning. Eventually he quieted down and slept another 3 hours before waking me with his morning I-need-to-pee circling in my bedroom.
Later he told me that he'd had two dreams last night. One about clothes and the other about.... you guessed it, ice cream. Apparently Emily had ice cream in an ice cream cone in her hand and he had none, then they found some ice cream with a hole in it that they could eat. Oh the dreams of a 3 year old!
3 comments:
Don't our kids realize we need that sleep to recover enough to face them for another day? My Raigan has just barely started sleeping through the night on a consistent basis. Aahh! We'll make it through right?
LOL I love funny dreams, not really the waking up part, but the little kid trying to explain them part. Tyler asked me one morning around 2:30am "Where my tennis shoes?!" He was very distraught and insisted that Daddy put them somewhere. If it was 2:30am I would have been rolling on the floor laughing.
I don't see anything wrong with ice cream at 3:45 in the morning. Am I missing something?? :)
Post a Comment