Today is Monday, which is my new day off (instead of Thursday).
Today I had big plans to whip my kitchen into shape with a furious and unrelenting scourging of all the grit, the grime, the clutter that has accumulated. At 3:00 am I realized that wasn't going to come to pass as I held and tried to comfort a little girl with an achy tummy.
Today I decided that getting all the laundry finished up and put away would have to be good enough.
Today my kids completely and utterly surprised me when, instead of being met with a gigantic Play Dough mess as I expected after 45 minutes of unsupervised play, I found they had cleaned it all up and put the container back where it belongs.
Today I finally decided that I am so ready for this hot weather to be done with, so, Mother Nature, if you could hurry up with Fall already, I'd be much obliged.
Today I forbade myself from thinking about work, about a job that is mostly thankless and with problems and frustrations that are never ending. It did me good.
Today, even though I probably could have used another two or three hours of sleep, I managed to pull off a pretty good Mom Day, complete with outside playtime, "craft" time, baths AND teeth brushing. If you knew my children, you'd understand what a huge deal that last one is. Whoever thought to put blinking lights in kid's toothbrush has my undying gratitude.
Today is almost over, so I think I deserve a treat. Double Stuf Oreos or Rocky Road ice cream? Choices, choices.
4 comments:
Double Stuf!!! Did you get the Halloween ones? They have 5 boorific shapes.
Also, agreed on the whole toothbrush thing. If you want some more that don't blink, let me know, we have like billions in stock.
Also, heart you.
Yep, the Halloween ones, it think you kind of have to at this time of year, right? And, for the record, I had 3.
they cleaned up their own play-doh mess? I hope they got some cookies for that!
I would've gone with Rocky Road, but I know how you love the Double Stuffs.
They definitely got cookies! I would have given them almost anything they wanted!
And it was a tough decision between the Rocky Road (which I love more than Double Stuf), and the Oreos. But I was in a cookie mood. :)
Post a Comment