Thursday, September 30, 2010

Discover Dog


It was Aidan's turn to take home his preschool Discover Dog this week, so we headed up Millcreek Canyon and did some discovering about Fall.  We found a neato picnic area that I think we'll be visiting again and a quiet little walking trail with plenty of changed leaves for Aidan to collect.  Emily insisted on wearing her princess costumes all day long, no complaints here.  If girlfriend wants to get herself dressed in the morning with out me having to nag her, who am I to dictate what she chooses to put on, right?  Count your blessings, is what I say.

In other news, my big girl camera has officially bit the dust.  For real this time, I'm pretty sure and I'm a little miserable without it.  I have to use my junky little point and shoot.  (Note: I have nothing against point and shoots, in fact, some I pine for, but MY particular point and shoot makes me want to chuck it across the Grand Canyon.)  I keep trying to win a fancy new DSLR on Pioneer Woman, (she's given away TWO in the last week!) and I keep getting boxed*.  Woe is me.

*"Getting boxed" is apparently a missionary term (according to my husband).  It's what mishes say if they don't get any mail on mail day.  They get "boxed".  Just in case you were wondering.  (Mom.)

4 comments:

Annie said...

I love you so much that if you tell me when Pioneer Woman is giving away a camera I will also try to win it so I can give it to you. And if that happens you owe me free family portraits? Good deal?

Annie Jarman said...

DEAL!! (Although, I'd probably give you freebies anyway!) The odds are not in our favor, though. I think in this last contest over 36,000 people entered! But someone has to win, so might as well be me, right?

Grandma Cebe said...

I wish I could have gone with you. It looks like a delightful afternoon - princess costume and all.

Wendy said...

I love when little girls wear their dress-ups everywhere. And I agree: if they get dressed without being nagged, they can wear pretty much anything they please. You should see some of Julianne's getups.