Wednesday, February 28, 2007

IKEA

I finally understand the hoopla over IKEA. For those not in the know, the Salt Lake Valley is getting it's very first IKEA opening this Spring, and when the announcement was made sometime last year the fans went wild. I didn't get it. Another furniture store, big whoop, and a massive one by the looks of it. Sure, they say it's great quality AND affordable, but affordable is a relative term and usually not one found in my financial vocabulary. However, we got the IKEA book today. I call it a book because the thing is huge, although not as huge as, say, the JCPenny catalog. Anyway, out of curiousity I flipped through and, slowly, the light bulb came on. A couch for $250?!! A four piece bedroom set for $300?!! 17 piece dish set for $20?!?! Madness!! Impossible!! I don't even care that you have to put it together! If that means I can get a four piece bedroom set for $300 sign me up! I love it! You can bet your bottom dollar I will be shopping there in the future. Thank goodness for IKEA.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (you get the idea) ikea. That was a HUGE bonus when we decided to move here. I cannot wait for it to open. I feel like one of those people in the old Mervyn's ads "open, open, open..."

Sue said...

Hi Annie! (waves) I am another one who does not yet get the whole Ikea thing. A four piece bedroom set for $300? What is it made out of? Cardboard? I will have to see it to believe it!

Holly said...

Hey! Good to hear from you. I am so glad to see you are doing so well. And Aidan is SO very cute. This will be fun to keep in touch.
Love

Kelly said...

so you have my Ikea catalog!! I requested it WEEKS ago! please tell me you didn't throw it away.