Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh thats right...

I have a blog. Huh.

Okay, I didn't actually forget that I have a blog. I've had some really awesome posts swimming around in my head for weeks now, but, much like now, my mind goes blank. A common ailment.

I suppose I should tell you about my 28th birthday. It was about thousand times better than my 27th birthday. (If you'll remember, it was spent in the ER and the subsequent 4 days in a broiling hot apartment with a slightly comatose husband and two ca-RABBY kids. Stupid kidney stones.) It was great. Not.

This year, however, made up for it even though I did wake up on my birthday feeling a bit under the weather. But I went back to bed and slept until 10 and felt much better. Later that day I got a pedicure, which was so-so. I think she was pretty new at it, but I had to repaint my toenails after because she didn't do a very good job. But I love me a pedicure, regardless.

My parents kindly took the youngsters overnight. Both of them. Aidan AND Emily. Which meant that The Hubster and I were flying solo for nearly 24 hours. I hope you understand the awesomeness of that. We were WITHOUT children! I probably shouldn't have been so happy about that, but I think it has been YEARS since we have been without children for an extended period of time.

Being thus unencumbered we lived it up newlywed style. We went to dinner at the Sky Box. We tried to get to PF Chengs, but it was not in the cards. I think that there's some kind of black mojo surrounding PF Chengs and my birthday since the last 3 years we've tried to go there we have never been able to make it. The Hubster thinks we need to sneak up on it, like make plans to go somewhere else and then decide last minute to go to the Chengs. But, I digress. The Sky Box. We usually really like the Sky Box. The Hubster has an unnatural love for their Blue Cheese Burger. But it wasn't so good this time. Slightly disappointing, but we couldn't complain. We were alone! For the entire night and most of the next day! We were giddy. We were in and out of the Sky Box in half an hour, which enabled us to make it to our movie (which is why we ditched PF Chengs) in plenty of time.

We saw Harry Potter and it was, by FAR, the best one yet. It was SO good! I almost want to go see it again because I enjoyed it so much. Tangent: I am SO annoyed with parents who take their young children to movies like that. I know it got a PG rating, but if you've read the book then you KNOW it's not appropriate for little kids. We sat in front of a family with a 5 or 6 year old boy. I think they took him out three or four times because of the scary parts. It's called responsible parenting, folks! Anyhoo... It was really good. I wasn't even bothered by the stuff they left or changed. Best movie I've seen this year, I think. Except my "My Sister's Keeper", but the two aren't really comparable.

We slept in late the next morning and went to breakfast at Anna's Restaurant. We'd never been there before but it was perfect. I ordered a short stack of pancakes and the waitress warned me that they were huge, but I said "That's okay." Yeah, she wasn't lying. They were enormous. I ate maybe a third before giving up. It was good though. Then we went shopping, washed the car and went to Jamba Juice.

It was really so much fun to just hang out with The Hubster without kids around. I mean, it was like a typical weekend for us pre-offspring. Go to a movie, sleep in, go to breakfast, maybe do some shopping. It was fantastic and I am SO grateful that my parents were willing to take them. They said they had a great time and even took them for a few hours again on Saturday.

But that's not all! Oh no, that's not all! I got my annual haircut on Saturday. Frank Armstrong at Aerolab in downtown SLC is THE best. He always gives me a great haircut that grows out beautifully because I really do only get my haircut once a year! Anyway, I always think that every girl should have a photo shoot after a great haircut, so I gave my husband the camera and asked him to take some photos before he left for his workout. On the way out to the wall (on the side of our building) he was singing "you could be a part time model..." Nice, isn't he? He did a pretty good job, though.

w090702parttimemodel_0008

Thanks babe. :) Oh, and here's the camera cake he made me.
w090702parttimemodel_0010

Clever he is. :)

5 comments:

The Shelton's said...

First of all, could you be any prettier? I usually like to beat up girls that are so pretty, but because you're my sista, I will make an exception. Love the hair and we all know I am all for promoting time away from kids. We need it to survive!! I will admit I am one of those irresponsible parents. I let my girlfriends take Raquel and Marcus to see Harry Potter. He fell asleep though, so I think he must have missed all the scariness. I didn't read the book though and with the PG I thought it would be okay. Whoops!! Good thing he slept!!

Grandma Cebe said...

I glad that your Dad and I contributed to your very Happy Birthday. We had a ball with the little ones. You truly look like a model and the hubster is very clever.

Katie said...

What a FUN birthday! I'm so happy that you guys had a fun night out. I can't imagine not having kids for 24 hours... that would be FANTASTIC! :) Anyway, your haircut is fantastic. happy birthday. :)

tylerandmommy said...

YAY for a great birthday! And once again I am STILL jealous of you...you skinny pretty little thing. Oh and I am trying HARD to comment on your most recent post and IT WON'T LET ME!! Anyhow, what I was going to say was fly out and see me with OR without kids and come see DC. It would be a nice FUN relaxing vacation and then you could have some time off and I could SEE YOU! I hope you get this comment. :)

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Miss Candis, that would be the MOST perfect thing ever! I wish I could! It would be so fun to hang out and RELAX! Ahhhh! I feel better just thinking about it!

And you couldn't comment because I'd turned comments off, but I turned them back on. :)