Thursday, December 2, 2010

Late night blogging.

I want to sleep but I keep thinking about all of the things I could be doing now that everyone is in bed and there are no distractions.  I could be editing photos from a photo shoot I did last week or working on the pages for the annual photobook or catching up on my programs.  You're probably thinking, "Why can't you?  You're blogging, so obviously you are on a computer, moron."  Valid point, my friends.  However, the grown up computer is in my bedroom where my husband is blissfully snoring away.  (Maybe that's why I can't sleep...)  This here laptop I'm using is ancient as far as computers go and is only good for web surfing and/or blogging.  So, here we are.

Incidentally, every time I've typed "blogging" tonight I have first typed "bloggins" which makes me think of Bilbo Baggins which makes me think that a "Lord of the Rings" marathon might be fun if I had 20 hours that needed filling.  But I don't.

Sorry.  It's late.

Here are some happy things:

1.  I made 3 peoples day today.
2.  Emily did her stinky business in the potty today.
3.  All of the things that I was in charge of for CBT's "Molly Mouse" performances this week came together beautifully even though I was convinced in my heart that they would be utter failures and not be done on time.
4.  I am now the proud owner of a pair of 15 year old boots that are a size and a half too big.  Guess who's going to have some warm and dry feet this winter?!  That'd be me.
5.  One of my bosses (the one I have been slightly afraid of since childhood) went out of her way to compliment my bangs the other day.  I mean, she was walking out the door and made a point to turn around and say "Oh!  Annie!  I like your bangs!  They're really cute!"  Give me a little more of that sunshine please!
6.  We got our first Christmas card on the 1st of December.  Awesome!
7.  Emily has resumed an afternoon nap.
8.  Aidan is now eating all of his food at meals on a mostly regular basis.
9.  The potty chart reward system is actually working.
10.  I'm reading "Harry Potter" again and it's like meeting up with a long lost friend.

Well, we have an exciting weekend planned.  Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to take the kids to Clark Planetarium.  Saturday we're going to see "Molly Mouse".  Sunday is my little brother's senior recital before he graduates from the University of Utah's Music Education department.  Hopefully lots of pictures will be taken.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Your blog makes so much sense to me! I love it like I love you. :) As for No. 5, WOW! Huge compliment! And I love that about books. I like to read HP over and over again, and I also like "Coming Home" for the same reason. Every time I read it I feel like I'm hanging out with Judith Dunbar again and I've missed her.

Grandma Cebe said...

That's quite a list of happy things.

Even thought the boots are 15 years old, they are classic, venerable Sorels with alot of years still ahead.

I noticed yesterday that Aidan ate all of the chicken nuggets that I gave him. Plus he seemed to eat them rather quickly.

I'm looking forward to "Molly Mouse" and the recital - fun, busy weekend ahead.

Lindsey said...

#6. :D
Also I've been saying you're bangs are ridiculously great for ages now. She's streets behind on that.

Also, you're hilarious.