Hey all you turkeys! How was Thanksgiving?! Hardy har.
You know when you're really excited about something and look forward to it and then it totally disappoints do to events out of your control? Thats how this past weekend was for us. Thanksgiving itself was great until Husband admitted to not feeling well. I knew from that point on the weekend was going to mostly be a bust and it proved to be. On top of Husband being ill in bed for two days, it was frigidly cold which made me want to not all pack up the kids and go do some adventuring. Everything is so much harder when it's cold and my motivation to go out and do things is non-existant. So, a sick husband, freezing cold weather and ornery kids make for a great time.
I tried though. Our tradition is to get the Christmas stuff up the day after Thanksgiving and I was determined to make it happen, so I bundled myself up and headed out to the storage unit to unearth the tub of Christmas stuff, which was at the very bottom of a bin stack 4 high and very heavy. Not to mention all the bikes and shelves and other whatnots that had to be moved first before I could even get to the stack. I persevered, though, and the bin was extracted, but not before my fingers froze. Normally, this is a Husband job.
So we start to get things out and put up the tree, only to discover that we only have one strand of working lights. So we paused and our living space looks like we're in the middle of a move. The next day we venture out to get more lights and come home with two boxes of lights that will in no way work on our tree. Again, we are stalled. Which means we can't hang ornaments, which is really what the kids have been waiting for.
But they will not be daunted. They decide to make due with what they've got.

1 comment:
hahaha that tree is awesome!! you're family is streets ahead on the artistic. p.s. love that pic of emily.
Post a Comment