Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finder's keepers.

Husband is taking my ring in to get it cleaned and to have them do whatever they do to make a white gold ring look more like white gold than yellow gold.  He was nervous about me not having my ring on because "Now guys are going to hit on you all the time."  Yeah.  Guys.  All those guys I see at CBT.  All the time.  Boy howdy, he better be worried.

But, to calm those worries and to keep up appearances, I pilfered this ring from the lost & found at work:

Don't worry, it's a fake.  I mean, can you imagine someone losing a real diamond that size and not scour the earth looking for it?

I also pilfered another ring, a necklace for Emily and a crocheted hair bow that is demonstrating how it go lost in the first place.  (Darn thing won't stay put!)  Oh, and an unsharpened Halloween pencil for Aidan.  

I think I'm going to dive into the lost & found a little more often.  Last year we had one of those Tiffany chain bracelets with the heart charm on it.  It was in there forever.  I think it ended up at the DI!

Next on my list of things to snag is a car CD/DVD keeper thingy with a bunch of Barbie/Strawberry Shortcake/Cat in the Hat movies in it that has been sitting on the front desk for at least the whole summer.  I have a feeling it's my boss's, but if it's not, you better believe it's mine.

So, swiping from the Lost & Found:  yes or no?

3 comments:

Annie said...

Having worked there and seeing the state of the Lost and Found, I say yes as long as you know it isn't a recent addition.

Wendy said...

Ask your boss what the lost & found policy is. At my daughter's dance school, they clean it out every couple of months and whatever hasn't been claimed is up for grabs. Next time I intend to snag a bunholder or two for the girl.

Jocie said...

Great ring. I got one on a cruise once and I bring it out whenever I feel feisty.