Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yesterday was a good day.

It didn't start out that way, but once we hit about 12:30, things really started getting good.  You see, yesterday was Emily's ballet concert.  Baby girl was shy this year.  Maybe because she had a better awareness of what was going on around her and that overwhelmed her.  But, still, she was the best one there.  There's nothing like seeing her on stage twirling what her mama gave her.



Thanks to everyone who came to see her!




And of course, there was ice cream afterwards.
I'm so proud of my little ballerina!

After ice cream we went to Target, on a whim, where I decided I wanted to spoil my kids.  I always feel so stingy with them and for once I just wanted to get them things they wanted and that I wanted them to have for no other reason that it would be fun.  No waiting to earn it or waiting for birthdays or gifts to come around.  So we bought them both a set of their own Legos (which have been a huge hit), a ballerina barbie for Em and Lightning McQueen for Aidan.

And I'll just say this:  Spoiling them felt good.  It felt really, really good.

We went home and built things and let them stay up late.  

And did I mention that it was sunny outside?  After a week long of rain and clouds, the sun was more than welcome.

2 comments:

Jocie said...

So glad it was such a good day for you!

Grandma Cebe said...

It sounds like a delightful day. And sometimes, you just buy your kids stuff...just because. I love how Emily has the exact same smile in all these pictures.