Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Things That Don't Work #5322
Say you have plain vanilla ice cream in your freezer, which you would love to eat and would eat plain if it came down to that, but you're hoping to be creative and jazz it up with whatever you have in your kitchen, which isn't much. You pull out your trusty Betty Crocker cookbook and see if you have what you need to make hot fudge. You don't, but you do have chocolate chips and that gets you thinking. So you set up your makeshift double boiler and dump a good handful of the chocolate chips in and wait while they melt down to a nice glossy chocolately goodness, all the while dreaming of delicious gooey chocolate on your plain boring vanilla. At last it is ready and you spoon the supposed goodness on to your ice cream with great anticipation. You present your husband with your culinary genius at which his eyes light up in expectant wonder. You dig in, but wait, this isn't right... It's supposed to be warm and gooey and oh so good, but before you can even get one mouthful to your eager mouth what was once warm and gooey is quickly becoming hard (not in the Magic Shell way) and chewy and nearly unpalatable. So in the end, all you eat is your boring old plain vanilla ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SAD! I had a similar experience making caramel apples last year. I had no idea you're supposed to add milk to the caramel, and the caramel was break-your-tooth hard. Maybe you're supposed to add it to the chocolate, too? I wonder. If you find out, let us know!
Oh that's too bad. I hate when I'm anticipating something and it doesn't turn out the way you had hoped! Next time add a butterfinger chopped up, oreos or even add the chocolate chips!
I try this kind of stuff all the time! It usually turns out interesting. I am pretty sure I have tried to melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and milk many, many times and NO it still does not work. It ends up chunky and chalky color. You think I would learn, it just Sounds so tasty!
That is so disappointing! Nothing like the real stuff, huh?! Oh and I love the pumpkin picture on your header!
Post a Comment