Monday, December 8, 2008

Grumble

I just received in the mail two photo books from Blurb for one of my clients, a wedding album and an engagement album.  I am so entirely and utterly disappointed.  They look awful.  Really awful.  I had heard good things about Blurb books.  So many photographers on my Flickr forums love Blurb books.  And I was loving their publishing software and all the different options I could use.  I had planned on using it for my own family books when I got around to doing those.  But now, I'm feeling completely defeated.  There are black smudges on the cover of the engagement book and along the edges of the wedding book.  The covers look like a text book wrapped with a paper shopping bag.  The pages are thin and the bindings look like they'll fall apart after 20 or so viewings.  I'm really frustrated and I don't know what to do.  This couple has already been overly patient with me.  They got married at the beginning of July and I'm just now finishing up their stuff.  I hate the thought of telling them, "Your books look awful.  I'm going to have to redo them and it will be another three weeks before I get them back."  I don't know what to do.  Not only am I out the cost of these books, but I'm going to have to pay for new ones, too.  Ugh.

On a happier note, I love Walmart.  Sometimes.  I love their three dollar shirts for kids.  Those make my penny pinching heart happy, and the boy looks dang cute in them.

2 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

You should contact their customer service people (by phone) and tell exactly what you said in your blog. Don't be shy to ask for a refund. Be sure you get the name of each person you talk to. AND - if the first person you speak to is uncooperative - ask to speak to his/her supervisor. Be persistent. I would think your client would be understanding about you not wanting to accept the shoddy workmanship of this company.

Wendy said...

I agree with your mom.