Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Went Shopping

I feel like grumbling today.  I'm tired and didn't sleep well last night and Christmas and it's ensuing activities has worn me out.  However, I had a really excellent day yesterday, a beam of light in an otherwise murky and gloomy-ish week.  

My husband and I finally got a date afternoon yesterday.  It has been a long time coming.  What has also been a long time coming was the use of the Cheesecake Factory giftcard we got for Christmas LAST year.  We unloaded the kids on my parents and headed off to the Factory of Cheesecake (or Heaven, as I like to call it) for lunch and then some shopping.  I love that place.  If I could eat there every week I would happily gain the thousand pounds so much deliciousness would produce.  I had leftovers for dinner last night and they were just as good.  I'm still dreaming about the Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake we shared.  Yum.  I wish I had some more.  After all that yumminess, we went shopping.  I hate shopping.  I have guilt when it comes to shopping.  And anger.  Especially when it comes to shopping for jeans.  However, yesterday I threw all that out the window and decided to be brave, for which I was richly rewarded.  I didn't pay full price for anything, I nearly doubled my wardrobe, and the most wonderful thing of all: I found jeans.  That fit.  That are cute.  That cost $20.  I literally stared open-mouthed into the dressing room mirror as I secured the button, turned around and found no gaping at the back.  I kid you not that I almost started crying.  That's how happy I was.  Aeropostale is my absolute new favorite store.  I don't know how to pronounce it, but I love it anyway.  I was on such a high that when 20 minutes after I got home from picking up the kids my friend, Annie, asked me to go shopping with her I didn't hesitate a second and off I went for round two.  It was a good day.  A really good day.  And I can't tell you how nice it is to wear clothes that fit after wearing clothes from the in between pregnancy stage and post pregnancy stage, all of which were up to two sizes too big since just after Aidan was born.  It is such a relief to not have to hike my pants up every five minutes, even with a belt.  Just thinking about it now is helping to banish my grumpy mood today.  Ahh... sweet retail therapy.  When it's good, it is SO good.

PS:  I'm taking this blog public again.  Annie is making me.  Not me.  Her.  I was thinking about it anyway, to be honest.  No one stops by anymore since I don't pop up on your Google Readers or whatever you use.  I'm lonely.  So put me back on your readers, loves.  And stop by from time to time.  And if you think about it, pop on over to Mighty Jarmans, which will stay private for now.  

Peace out.

4 comments:

Annie said...

You're welcome on both counts. One for making you go shopping a second time and two for making your blog go public.

Jocie said...

Yea, I love your blog! Yea for jeans that fit! I got some lucky jeans for ridiculous prices after Thanksgiving. Then I lost more weight and they are loose. Oh well they are still cute. Glad you had a good day shopping.

Motorcycle Grandma said...

I'm glad you had a great shopping day. We had fun with your little ones.

Wendy said...

WOW! Jeans that fit for twenty bucks?! AMAZING.