My hairbrush got knocked into the toilet yesterday while wrangling the three year old to wash his hands after using the potty. I promptly fished it out with as little skin contact as possible, threw it in the trash and scrubbed my hands with three pumps of soap and almost stinging hot water. When I told The Hubster about it later he was dumbfounded that I had thrown it away, especially after I told him that the water in the toilet was clean. He said I should have just washed it off with with hot soapy water and if that wasn't enough I could have put it in the dishwasher. No way, I told him. If something falls in the toilet it is immediately relegated to the trash. (Unless it is hard to replace, like my wedding ring or something.) I don't care if I had just scrubbed the toilet clean, any errant items that may fall into it are garbage. That is the fate that Aidan's potty watch met and that is the fate my brush met. To which he responded: "If only you knew!" To which I responded, horrified: "What?!!?!" To which he responded: "Nothing, your toothbrush is fine." Me, about ready to blow a gasket: "Are you serious?!!??!" Him: "No, it's fine. It never touched the toilet."
I don't entirely believe him. Looks like I'm in the market for a new hairbrush and a new toothbrush.
PS: Go me for finishing NaPoBloMo (or whatever it is)! Somehow I ended up with 30 posts even though I'm certain I didn't post one day.
4 comments:
Then I guess you don't want to know about any of the times assorted combs or brushes that I used on your hair when you were a littler girl fell in the toilet??
Oh. EEEEEEEWWWWW. I'm with you- anything that lands in the toilet is headed for the landfill.
No, Mom, I don't. You can keep those to yourself.
And I thought you'd sympathize with me, Wendy! SO gross!
Sorry,
I would have followed Travis's advice. Except for the toothbrush, that definitely has to be replace.
Post a Comment