Mothers, do you remember the days when you could come home from church and just nap the afternoon away? Before one or more of your children decided that they were way too cool for napping? I miss those days. Aidan will not lay down for more than a second if the sun is shining brightly, no matter how tired he is. So on Sundays I get to be the designated child watcher because even if Aidan was relegated to "quiet time", he still manages to keep me awake. So napping is fruitless for me. Fruitless, I say.
So you can imagine my happiness when I was warm yesterday and, instead of us staring at each other bored out of our minds, or subjecting ourselves to yet one more viewing of "Wall-E" or "Space Buddies" or an argument about whether or not "Cars" works at all (it doesn't), we went for a walk.
And it was hot. But it was glorious. Thank you spring!
3 comments:
I have absolutely no recollection of being able to nap a Sunday afternoon away until you kids were teenagers. Then all you wanted to do was take a nap.
I glad you got outside yesterday. It was glorious. Do it again today.
Ahhh, love the bumble bee! Naptime on Sundays is rough when only one kid won't nap. Harrison sucks at quiet time.
Beautiful pictures! I gave up napping in general a long time ago. I don't have time for it. But every once in a while when I really really need one, Tyler is like Aidan. Only he crawls all over me and asks me 33,000 questions and pokes at my face. Arg. At least you got to enjoy the beauty outside.
Post a Comment