Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tippy Toes

My, oh my.  I have a little ballerina on my hands and I can't tell you how happy that makes me!  Obviously it's in her blood.  :)

She had her first recital tonight and it was so incredibly fantastic.  When I dropped her off, I was so nervous for her because she looked a little bit afraid with all the commotion going on.

Luckily I was worried for nothing.  When it was her turn to come on stage she was the first one out, she knew the dance and followed the big girls like a pro.  I was so impressed with her and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mommy, the girl has got some serious skills.  The big girls she danced with said she was so excited to get out on stage and was so into it.  Can't tell you how that warms my heart.  I'm just really, really happy that she loves it.

I didn't take any pictures during the show (against the rules), but I've ordered some from the pro and I will definitely post them when they come.  But here are some after the show shots.

I'm posting this one because I just want to document how tiny she is!  What a little peanut!

She was so jazzed up after the show.

I love this picture.  She was twirling around.  

Our first family photo in probably a year and a half.  I look old.  And I should have sat up straight.  Blah.

Thanks everyone for coming!  

With Grandma B.  

So glad I can live vicariously through her now.  That's not bad parenting, is it? ;)

And lest you should think that she's a girl of one talent, here's her practicing some drum beats at dinner.

It was such a wonderful evening.  I loved seeing her so happy and confident!  I loved being in the audience and cheering her on.  It was amazing.  Truly amazing.

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Annie- These are precious! I'm so glad it was such a fun night for her! Congratulations little Em!

Kelly said...

I cannot tell you how incredibly bummed I am that I couldn't make it! I love the photo of her on her tippy toes...I will definitely be there for the next one!!

tylerandmommy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! She is SO cute! I can't wait for Shannon to be big enough for dance class. Ok so I can, but what a great thing to look forward to. I bet you were melting in your seat her whole dance. If she's got talent now you better start saving up your money so she can take 8,000 classes later! I wish I could have been there! And I LOVE her little bun!

Grandma Cebe said...

A second generation ballerina at CBT!! I loved, loved, loved her first recital. She really is quite the little ballerina. I can't wait for her next performance.

Miriam Herm said...

sounds like her first recital went better than ava's. . .haha!

SO cute! what an adorable little ballerina!

Annie Jarman said...

Candis: That is exactly it! I was melting for sure! And I either have to save up a ton of money or keep working at CBT for the next 16+ years so she can dance for free! Just you wait until Shannon is old enough! Ah! It's the best

Grandma Cebe said...

Note to the photographer: Prior to posting anymore close up pictures of me, please do a little photoshopping and remove the wrinkles, even out the skin tone and plump up my lips. I still live in the fantasy world that I'm 35. Thank you.

Annie Jarman said...

Sorry, Mom. That was my bad lens.

melissa said...

(Ha! My mom hates when I post pictures of her on my blog, too.)

She is sooooo tiny! I really didn't realize how small she was until you added grownups to the mix. What a sweet little ballerina!

Nicole said...

aw, she is darling. yay for little girls and ballet!