"The big baboon, by the light of the moon, was combing his auburn hair!"
Ah, the zoo. It brings that out in me. I don't really know why since the song is about an animal fair (circus, maybe?) and not the zoo.
We went to the zoo on Memorial Day, which is becoming at tradition, apparently. I just noticed on last year's calendar (which is still hanging up, by the way) we went to the zoo as well. I don't know who we went with last year, but this year we went with my brother, Patrick and my sister, Kelly. This year was exciting because there's a baby elephant, Zuri.
(Posted that just for you, Miriam. She' pretty cute, huh?)
Emily wasn't too sure about being at the zoo until she saw Zuri. Then things started looking up.


Here's the baboon I was singing about. Okay, it's an orangutan, but his hair is auburn.
He was staring right into my soul here. ::shudder::

We spoiled the kids and let them ride the carousel. We let Emily and Aidan go, too.
This bird was a very good poser. Me: "Uh, could you look at me, please, Mr. Bird?" Bird: "Like this?" Me: "Yes, that's perfect.... Thank you."
Someone call the zookeepers! The gorillas are loose!!
(Heh heh. I'm on a roll today. Channeling me some P-Dub.)
Well, after all that monkey business, it was time to go. We had other engagements to attend to, like a picnic and a BBQ, but you'll have to wait to see how those went down. I have to go to work. Woo. Hoo.






4 comments:
These have got to be the kind of pictures that Al wants from you...people having fun.
Upon hearing about the baby elephant at trip to the Hogle is now top on my list of where to go when in Utah next month.
Thank you. Because I freaked out a little and screeched a little and maybe squished Seth a little when I saw that picture. IT IS JUST SO CUTE!!!!
just wait till I own one, it's going to be even cuter. . .
love it! i laughed out loud at the bird thing. he really is a good poser though..
Post a Comment