Friday, March 25, 2011

Fashion choices.

I've decided that in the near future I am going to stop dressing like a harried mother.  If you dread getting dressed because all you have to choose from is plain t-shirts and lame attempts at some "statement" pieces, then you have a problem.  Which I do.  Big time.

I want to look like this:
(PS:  Love her blog.  She makes fashion accessible.)

And this;

And this:
(I just realized that I have those shoes!  1/4 the way there!)

And not just my clothes, but my hair and make up too.  I've been rocking a few variations of the french braid lately to tame my too long bangs with fairly good success.  Kind of.

At my annual haircut I plan to get my bangs back but keep the rest of the length, until then they must be dealt with.

Eventually I'll get brave enough to add jewelry to the equation, but lets just start with the basics.

So if you spy anything that screams "Annie would look really cute in this but I don't think she'd ever wear it!", send it my way. I'm going to rock my 30s.

(All images, excepting those of myself, were found via Pinterest, my new addiction.)

7 comments:

Amy Jarman said...

Try the blog be sassy classy. She takes her clothing and shows differnt ways to wear stuff. I enjoy looking at it all. Good luck in your quest.

melissa said...

You would look adorable in those clothes. Very impressive braiding skills.

Yay for making your photo blog public!

Jocie said...

Good luck! I am always fighting my "fashion" sense. I think deep down I am just a jeans and t-shirt girl. Now if I could start fitting into those jeans it would really help.

Grandma Cebe said...

You can easily wear all of these clothes and accessories and look terrific. Also, wouldn't Frank happily keep your bangs under control without charging you and arm and a leg? Ask him when you go in for your annual cut.

Lindsey said...

that first outfit is adorable!! also look up how to do the fishtail braid. it's adorable and i love it. and you :)

Wendy said...

All of my Project Runway viewership has taught me an important lesson: even with jeans and a plain t-shirt, styling is crucial. It all comes down to hair, makeup and accessories. Take the same black t-shirt and jeans, and depending on the styling, it can be rocker-girl, preppy, conservative, punky, or granola. So, I'm trying to implement that lesson, with varied degrees of success. Much luck to you!!

Also, love the braid. I'm extremely impressed. Will you come braid my hair, please?

Annie Jarman said...

Y'all are going to be so impressed when I show you my fancy french braid 'do. :) I must have picked up braiding at dance camp or some other dance related activity, because I feel like I've always known how to do it.

And yes, Mom, Frank would trim my bangs for free, I just have to get myself there is all and at this point, it's really more of a haircut that is in order and not just a bang trim.