I attempted to channel some Kelle Hampton today and photograph our goings on. That woman, from a documentary point of view, does amazing things. She photographs everything and takes her camera everywhere. And then she make 100 page photobooks for her daughters documenting each year in their lives! Ask me how many photobooks I have made for my little family? Zip. Anyway, I digress.
We love Costco. I mean, how can you not love Costco? For my kids, going to Costco is like opening presents on Christmas or making a trip to IKEA. They love it that much.
This face Aidan is making? Yeah, that's all about seeing a Costco employee pulling a cart of flowers. Easily impressed, that one.
And can I get an "Amen!" about the two seater shopping carts? I wish every store had those.
After Costco we made a fruitless search for Girl Scout cookies, but a phone call to my mother enlightened me that perhaps the Girl Scouts were still in school and therefore would not be selling cookies until later in the day. Shucks. So we went home and guess what? Now, I don't want to jinx anything but, it's spring! And this is how I know:
![]() |
| We came out in droves. And how could we not with a clear blue sky and weather almost too warm for jackets? Sidewalk chalk appeared, |
umbrellas for the shade,
friends to dig in the dirt with,
and shadows to dance with.
All I can say is, Hallelujah! It has been too long. I know it will be short lived and we'll have snow again, but just this brief respite from the cold is revitalizing.
We're going back out to play.








5 comments:
girlscoutcookies.org, my friend. There's a "find cookies" function.
and also, I wouldn't fret about the photobooks and not having your camera out at every moment. Life is meant to be lived, not relentlessly documented. (I think your kids will still be able to look back and say, "wow, look at all these pictures Mom took!", but without the annoying memories of wishing you would get the camera out of their faces. I mean really, sometimes I just feel bad for kids who can't poop without a picture being taken (and posted somewhere, no doubt). There's my two cents. Or twenty. I lose track.)
a. you are amazing.
b. your pictures are amazing.
and c. this might sound weird but in one of these pictures I thought I was looking at a little kid picture of me but it was emily. could she maybe just maybe take after her aunt?? :)
Wendy, I know and agree. I don't want to get every second, but sometimes I think that I'm too concerned with the "pretty" shot that I forget to take pictures of what's important and what will really be interesting 10-20-30 years down the road. My kids (and their kids) will be more interested in seeing what our lives were like and what we did than they will the other stuff. And let's face it, I'm going to have a camera in my hand or near my person a lot, so I might as well document some of that stuff. And the photobooks are important to me. We do one every year (my sibs and I) for my parents and I love to look through them. I wish I could get them done for my little family. The longer I wait, the more I'm just going to have to catch up on. :)
Lindsey, my mom keeps saying she's going to grow up to look like you. :) And that's a good thing.
Thanks for the tip on an outing that I can do to entertain the kidlets when I have them in July. A Costco outing will be on the agenda. Oh, wait. It will be a holiday weekend here. I'll probably want to avoid Costco at all costs that weekend. Crossing that one off the list.
Word Verification: (bullyth) The 11th commandment is "Thou shalt not bullyth thy school mates.".
I just realized that Emily's hair is in french braids in these pictures. Love them on her.
Post a Comment