Friday, May 11, 2007

Diabolical Cravings

This little girl, who has lately taken to kicking my bladder more often than not, has commandeered not only my ability to distinguish between penguins and quail but has now taken full reign of my nutritional sensibilities. She wants chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven and a glass of milk. She wants cake and donuts with chocolate icing and sprinkles. She wants icecream, Ben & Jerry's Half Baked to be precise. I have to admit that I'm finding this craving thing to not be what I expected. I had no cravings with Aidan. Not a single one, although my husband would tell you that I craved Spaghettios, but, really, that was just a phase. I didn't need them, I wasn't always thinking about how good they would be. I was so bummed that I didn't have cravings, thinking I had missed out on one of the great joys of pregnancy. I thought they were funny and would make a humorous story one day, but now that I have them, I'm not laughing. If I caved into this little girl's sweet tooth I'd be 200 pounds by the time she was born and none of us want that, which means I have to resist, to deny myself of the things I want most! And, oh the torture!! This is not a laughing matter, not in the least! What was I thinking? Oh, poor me, I didn't have any cravings!! I didn't know how good I had it! So I beg you to not tempt me. Do not tease me with delectable sweets! Keep me away from the cookies and the cakes and the icecream that call out my name! Save me from myself!

Now, if you'll excuse me, my friends Ben and Jerry are waiting for me.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh man, my cravings with Jules were TORTURE. I wanted anything made out of dough. Bread fresh from the oven topped my list, but I had it bad for doughnuts, pasta, lo mein noodles, croissants, rolls... you get the idea. I wished for the bread fairy to come take up residence in my home. Or at least have thrice-daily visits. That's why I gained 40 pounds while I was pregnant with her. I SO sympathize. That being said, wanna go to Paradise Bakery?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

My mouth is already watering and I just finished off half a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked. Let's go!