Friday, May 11, 2007

Flat Footed

I have flat feet and that is apparently the root of all my problems. Well, not all of them, at least just the ones relating to my back and hips. Sure would be nice, though, to be able to blame all of my problems on my feet and then have them all fixed simply by correcting my feet. My ObGyn suggested I go to a physical therapist because of my back problems and my Physical Therapist (Cheryl) took one look at my feet and said she could fix me. Of course before that she said my feet were deteriorating, as in wasting away, crumbling, decomposing. Nice. Anyway, she said she could fix them but that I would most definitly have to wear orthotics for the rest of my life. What a dreaded word! Orthotics!! What is a girl to do with orthotics! Does this mean the end of cute shoes? Banned from sandals?! Not my flip flops!! Am I sentenced to shoes with good arch support for the rest of my natural born life?! Say it isn't so!! I have nightmares of a closet full of granny shoes! You know the kind I'm talking about, those leather abominations! I suppose I'm overreacting. Science has come a long way, surely someone somewhere has taken into account fashion when designing these things... At least I hope so...

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Hmmm... you could send an "Ask Rachael" video in to the Rachael Ray show. I bet they could find them for you, and then give you a couple of pairs. Just show them how cute and pregnant you are, and don't mention how she can get on your nerves sometimes. (Or was that my nerves?)

Kelly said...

I think that was my nerves. I can't stand her! That and her food is pretty nasty.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Oh, I can't really stand her, either. Although I find myself watching her shows if ever I come across them. Something like slowing down to look at a car crash. That would be awesome if she hooked me up, though!

Wendy said...

I like her, but in moderated doses. I have to disagree about her food, though, Kelly. I've made a couple of things she's made on her show, and they're huge hits around here. Although her spinach artichoke dip left a lot to be desired...

Annie Get Your Camera said...

We have tried two of her recipes, both of which bombed abismally. I mean, who puts nutmeg in macaroni and cheese?! Blech!! And chicken divan is supposed to be creamy, not soupy. She gets a thumbs down from this camp.

Wendy said...

She makes a killer vegetable soup, and her mexican meat-zza is yummy. Try some other stuff. I wouldn't touch mac & cheese with nutmeg in it.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

I know, I thought nutmeg in mac and cheese was a little strange, but I decided to trust her because she's the pro, right? Might have been suprisingly tasty, but it wasn't. Duh. Oh well.