Sunday, May 27, 2007
"I Luboo!"
Aidan said "I love you" last night for the first time! Good grief, talk about melting a mother's heart! Perhaps he's just mimicking and doesn't really know what it means, but, hey, I'll take it. That is one of those things that you wait for as a parent, like saying "mommy" or "daddy", or giving a hug or a kiss of their own will. It seems like it's those little things that we hope for as parents to let us know we're doing a good job. Aidan gives me pats on the back sometime. I love that, like he's saying, don't worry Mom, you're doing a great job. Those little things make it all worth while, all the tears and the struggles and the frustrations. They all disappear as soon as that little mouth says "I luboo."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I bet that was the favorite moment of motherhood thus far! How wonderful!
Post a Comment