Saturday, June 2, 2007

Handy Men

Last Monday we bought a new desk for our room, something we've been talking about for quite some time. Until Monday we have been using our kitchen table as desk, which wasn't working. We had books and papers and pictures and projects piled high, and it was time to do something about it. We found a great desk at Wal-Mart, of all places, and my handy men spent a good portion of our Memorial Day holiday putting it together. Aidan even missed his nap to help Daddy (something we paid for dearly later on).
Aidan loves tools. He has a play workbench with tools that he loves to play with. He calls a screwdriver a "turn" and his hammer is a "knock-knock". (That results from a preggo moment I had where I told him that a hammer goes "knock-knock" instead of "bang-bang". I think we're getting it straightened out now.) He had so much fun helping Daddy and working with the tools.
These are some pictures of our little handy man at work. He got a little pooped towards the end and decided he was going to go night-night in the upside down desk. (Nevermind the fact that he's not wearing pants. He's 1 and a half. When else can he not wear pants and get away with it?)



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Heehee, I tell Jules that it's okay if she doesn't wear pants because she's a baby, but it's against the law for me not to wear them. She gives me this look like, "Sucks for you." That last picture just made me think of that.

P.S. Are you gonna show us the finished desk?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Oh... right... I guess I should, huh? I'll work on that. ;)

Jamie said...

Those are too cute! Daddy's little boy that wants to work with tools! I too would like to see the completed project! Hee hee

The Rooster said...

You know you're becoming a "real" grown-up when you have to go buy a desk because the kitchen table or folding table just doesn't hack it anymore. Congrats on this major accomplishment :) Next you'll have to buy filing cabinets and a little cup to hold your paper clips!!! You guys rock. Hope everything else is going swimmingly for you.

Kelly said...

I think it's ridiculous how happy this little boy makes me. You just can't help but smile.