
Okay, so you're probably thinking "What on earth is that a picture of?" If you give me a minute, I'd be happy to explain. I, like so many women, am plagued with leg hair. And, like so many women (especially pregnant women), I hate to shave. It's a pain in the butt. It's like that guy in Greek mythology who has to push the huge boulder up the hill only to have it roll back down and he has to start all over again (what is his name?). You shave and it seems like the very next day you have to do it again. Anyway, since I can't afford laser hair removal (which would be really nice) I have to shave and I get razor burn if I shave more than once a week (my poor husband). In my younger years I used to go the Nair way, but that was smelly and took forever and didn't always work. But that was years ago and I must have forgotten because I let myself get sold on the new Veet product, which is essentially the same thing, except that it has a cool little bladeless razor thingy. So I shelled out $8 (grrrr) and yesterday I tried it. BAD idea. It burned my flesh, which is what the picture is of, the back of my leg (which photo was tricky to get, by the way, since I'm pregnant and not so flexible). I should have taken a picture yesterday because it was SO red and SO painful.
Moral of the story: Don't let yourself get sold. Stay away from Veet and save those pennies for laser hair removal, not silly quick fixes.
5 comments:
OUCH!!!! Thanks for the tip, eeek.
Annie, have you forgotten everything I've taught you? The steps to a less-irritating shave are as follows:
1. Exfoliate with a sugar-and-olive oil mixture (or something similar)
2. Apply men's shaving cream (like Barbasol) and use a man's razor. Men's shaving products are made for their tougher hair and delicate face skin, thus creating a better shaving product.
3. Moisturize while skin is still damp.
4. Marvel at your smooth, unirritated legs.
Steps to a less-irritating cousin:
disown and find a new one. But that wouldn't be as fun as having me, would it?
Yes, I remember now that you told me about that... I really do need to listen to you more, especially when it comes to skin care (among other things). You are a fount of knowledge. :)
okay...i took Wendy's advice this morning about the exfoliating before you shave and moisturize while skin is still damp... a-may-zing. I have the smoothest legs today and no irritation. YAY!
Why did i never learn this before? My legs thank you.
Your legs are welcome. I wish my husband would take that advice when shaving his face; then he wouldn't have all those big red razor bumps on his poor little face.
Post a Comment