Good grief (again). So last summer the house behind us (which is up a hill) was purchased by a new family. A young couple, in their thirties probably, with two little girls. To paint a picture (and I'm really not trying to be judgemental, because I'm not making any of it up) the wife is crazy. She has been described by many in the neighborhood as narcissistic. Her daddy owns or has a very high position in an oil company, which her husband works for, and she's every bit what you'd expect a spoiled oil princess to be. She has all but disregarded the HOA and made modifications to her yard and home that were either never approved or approved but not exactly followed through according to the specifications. So what, right? Yeah, so what, except that her changes affect her neighbors, especially us and our neighbors next door. Anyway, through a series of events, this woman has decided to become very spiteful and angry and hurtful towards most of the people in the HOA, especially my parents (and us by association) and our neighbors. She has sent awful, nasty letters that have left my mom shaking for the better part of a day, she has threatened lawsuits, she has yelled and screamed at people, she has even resorted to very mature behavior, including shining her floodlights into our living room and kitchen. Her latest is a blowup doll perched on their balcony (which overlooks our backyard) wearing a t-shirt that says "I See Dumb People". It's been there since late Saturday night when they had a big pool party. I'm not really sure what she is trying to accomplish with her antics. She has very few friends, if any, in the neighborhood, and has made enemies of all of the HOA board members. I can't imagine that she thinks that her behavior is helping her case any. Honestly, I feel bad for her. She must be very unhappy, carrying so much hate and spite on her shoulders.
I don't really know why I decided to write about this. I guess I'm just amazed that an adult would sink to such behavior befitting a junior high student, and then I remember that not too long ago, I carried similar burdens. I suppose that's why I feel bad for her. That's a hard life to live.
1 comment:
Your neighbor needs help.
Post a Comment