Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blessings to Complain About

It occurred to me the other day as I was grumbling to myself over the $8 I spent on the Evil Veet and the $4 I spent on the second new eyelash curler I bought in as many months that didn't live up to my expectations that I should be very grateful that these are the things I have to complain about. Truly, I am blessed and essentially live a charmed life. Sure, at 26 I live with my parents (with my husband, child and child-to-be), my husband drives a semi-ghetto fabulous car, my legs are too short and I've had bad skin since I was a pre-teen, but I would rather have those problems than the problems of others, especially the problems of others in countries not as blessed as ours. There are so many worse things out there than me being sad because I can't have brand new designer furniture for my unborn child's nursery, let alone a nursery to put it in, and let alone again, a house to have that nursery. At least my unborn child won't have to sleep in a shoe box somewhere or risk her life simply by going outside. Life is good. Heavenly Father blesses me all the time, whether I realize it or not. I am grateful for what I have to complain about. All those blessings.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Good post. It's hard sometimes to recognize the blessings we have amidst the day-to-day aggravations, thanks for the reminder.

P.S. Revlon has a gold eyelash curler with a spring in it- works like a charm.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Ah, the irony of that is that the eyelash curler I originally chucked WAS a good Revlon one... Although it was silver. I thought I'd trade it in because I'd had it for years. Stupid, stupid! Why would I feel the need to do so?! And then, why didn't I just replace it with the same thing?! But no... I had to be swayed by a fancy new one that promised a "gentle, natural curl" which translated into "miniscule, unnoticeable curl". I now have a CoverGirl one (again, why didn't I go back to Revlon?) that does well enough, but I miss my old one.

Sue said...

Great post. You are so right.

Wendy said...

Hey, did you get rid of your gratitude blog?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Yes, I did get rid of it. I wasn't keeping up with it and I had a guilty pang in my stomach every time I saw it in my dashboard all lonely looking. Ah guilt. I figure I'll just post my gratefulness on my regular blog and try to do it more often.

Damien Stepick said...

Just wait until you have a place of your own... it is such a liberating and exciting feeling to make a home together with your kids... it intensifies all the wonderful feelings you expressed in your blog.