I came home from work today and the first thing my mom said to me was "Your son did something kind of naughty today. It was kind of my fault, though." Oh great. The kid had already been a stinker in the mere hour he had been awake before I left and I couldn't imagine what he had done. My mom directed me to go take a look at the chair and stool by our computer. My mom had left my little artist all by his lonesome by the computer with pens and an errant Sharpie while she ran downstairs for just a moment, and he proceeded to vent his frustrations on our poor furniture. He had a vision, apparently, because my mom said there wasn't so much as a dot of ink on himself or his clothing, and miraculously nothing on the walls. So now we have two stunning pieces of functional art. Good thing they actually belong to us. That is one of our kitchen chairs and our stool.

3 comments:
Sweet! That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.
It looks like a young Pablo Picasso or Jackson Pollock. Keep developing that talent, kid!!! Walls, floors, even your own skin - the world is your canvas!!!
Cheers to you Aidan... once kids are in the mix I think we need to no longer care about "stuff".... for two reasons... the first is that stuff isn't that important and won't come with us when we die... the second is that our kids are going to find a way to destroy almost everything we own, so if we get over it right away we won't feel so bad!
Eat your heart out Plato!
Post a Comment