Friday, May 11, 2007
Enamored
I love my kid. I love him like the desert loves the rain. I don't think I could live without him, but sometimes I get caught up in the day to day, the battles over changing diapers or getting out of the tub and I lose sight of this sweet precious spirit that I call mine. That's easy to do, I suppose. Every once in awhile, however, I get to be a little more enamored with him than usual and I can fully enjoy this little person. Lately I've been immersed in it. I look at him in awe. He's gotten so big and with his buzz cut hairdo he looks so much older. He really isn't a baby anymore. He's becoming this full fledged little boy and I'm trying to soak up every moment of this transition. I love how he finds joy in the simplest of things, playing in the water, pulling funny faces, "driving" his cars around and around the table. We often find ourselves having dinner alone since Daddy has to go to school and everyone else is doing something else. Yesterday we found ourselves in such a situation. We were eating outside, "zizza", and it was like the whole world dropped away and it was just us singing songs and playing peek-a-boo. I was reminded that this little kid is going to grow up to be a man some day and for some reason that was really poignant to me. So often it's hard to let all the outside "noise" drop away and just enjoy being in the moment and I am so grateful for the ability I've had to do that lately. I love him. I am completely enamored of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is pretty hard not to love the kid. I'm going to miss him when I move out.
Post a Comment