So I'm 26. Feels good, honestly. I still feel young, although I think no matter how old I get I'll always feel young, not because I'm a youthful person, just because I don't think I'll ever feel like I've had enough "life" in me to justify feeling old. For example, I still feel like a sixteen year old. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't. Anyway, I've had a great birthday, the best part being that my husband has been off work since Friday, so he's been around, which is the best present of all. It was a very low-key birthday, and as it turns out, is exactly what I wanted. I've always wanted a big to-do in the past, but this year, it was just good to be with the fam and hang out. I like that.
Friday I shot another wedding. I actually had fun this time. For the most part. HUGE thanks goes to my genius husband who saved my butt by figuring out how to best utilize my flash for the indoor photos, which actually turned out this time. (You'd think I'd know how to use all my equipment. You'd be horribly wrong.) I came away with lots of pictures I was pleased with, which is nearly a first. They are such a fun couple. Some favorite things from the day include the father/daughter dance to "Shake Your Groove Thing" (which I have had stuck in my head since Friday and I'm not complaining about that), her red shoes (SO fabulous!), the nephew that reminded me of the big kid in "Goonies", and my husband spending the whole day with me.
Life is good. I'm twenty-six. I have an uber-amazing husband, an incredibly adorable genius for a son, a little girl on the way, family and friends that love me, and I'm pursuing something I love. I am blessed.
3 comments:
Glad you had a good birthday! And congrats on figuring out the flash and getting some great photos. Better be careful or you may end up making your clients so happy with you that their friends won't accept you turning down their business.
Happy Birthday Annie, glad it was a good one. I don't think you ever feel much older mentally than late teens/early twenties. My mom says she feels no different now than when she was 22.
Happy Birthday Annie... and hey... don't forget to tell your clients about Tolero Productions (it's this really great company that does wedding videos)!!!!!
Post a Comment