Aidan had pulled all the ketchup bottles out of the cupboard (no, we do not refrigerate our ketchup and yes, we have three partially used bottles of it), along with the mustard and pancake mix and arranged them nicely by the phone. I guess he thought they needed to get some fresh air. I suppose I'm lucky the thought didn't occur to him to open them up and squeeze their contents all over the house. He also pulled out all the red potatoes with which he spent some time trying to put them in various containers. Now it makes sense why he kept telling me that he didn't like potatoes.Earlier in the day, Aidan was drawing while I, of course, checked email and blogs, but it wasn't until later that that I noticed this:

(Good grief, he needs a haircut...)I guess he doesn't want to be Tigger for Halloween after all. I didn't realize he was into Harry Potter...
All in all, it was an okay day. I didn't lose my cool even once, which is surprising because I was exhausted. I was even able to get Aidan to help clean up all the messes he'd left around the house before getting him to bed on time! And I did it all by lonesome. Not bad, not bad.
6 comments:
This is only the beginning! You know, it would have been great if Aidan had told you that the mostly empty ketchup bottles needed to be thrown away and put them in the garbage can himself. And we are all truly thankful that he didn't discover the flip tops on the ketchup, mustard, and maple syrup. I can only imagine what kind of concoction he would have come up with by adding them to the opened bag of pancake mix...or even worse, "coloring" with them all over the house!! Yikes!!
sounds like you had a fun day. If it makes you feel any better, I only have one kid and I have those kinds of days. Yesterday I was in the kitchen doing dishes and Jules was playing in the living room and I heard a familiar scratchy sound on the wall. I walk in the living room to discover Jules had colored a large portion of the wall and floor. Thank goodness for Magic Erasers!
You are SO LUCKY that all he did was organize the contents of the cupboard. That's some serious good mommy luck right there.
Poor owie Aidan! Did you find a Tigger costume yet? I saw one at Target...
Yes, I am lucky. He likes to organize and line things up. He does it all the time. :)
And that's not an owie... that's ballpoint pen...
Oh, I can find Tigger costumes, just not for a two year old. Must be a popular costume for the toddler set.
How's the apartment hunt going?
Your blog confuses me... didn't it say you were moving out?
Are you? Let us know!
Post a Comment