Monday, October 22, 2007

For Fun

I was going through my photos looking for the pumpkin pic at left and remembered I had all these great pictures that I love. So I thought I'd share them with you. I took them on the fully manual Canon that I used in my high school photo class, although none of these were taken in high school. I miss that camera. I still have it, it sits on our desk as some kind of decorative trophy, but I don't use it anymore. Why would I? I have a fancy shmancy digital camera now. Still, I miss it. Probably because I mostly know how to use it and the pictures I take with it usually come out looking like I want them to, which is not the case with my digital. Ironic, huh? Maybe I'll go buy some film and shoot a roll just for old times sake... These all look much better in real life, but I didn't want to figure out the nice scanner we have, so I used the one on our printer. My hubby proposed to me in the middle of a charred forest on our trip to the Grand Canyon. Romantic, no? I was taking this picture, which I found to be quite poetic, and when I turned around he was down on his knee. He later said he was hoping to find a prettier spot, but since the whole forest was charred and I was able to find some beauty in these two trees, he figured it was as good a spot as any.

This is a different forest. Not charred at all. This is in Washington, where my hubby is from. This is across the street from his house.This is my cousin, Erika, and her sisters (also my cousins) Emily and Liz. I think it was when I got her pictures back that I decided I wanted to shoot weddings.Last but not least, my hubby, showing off the goods in front of his parents' home in Washington. Hubba-hubba!

4 comments:

Sue said...

These are great pics Annie - you have a great eye.

Wendy said...

i love that picture of the forest in Washington. And of course of the decrepit pumpkins. You have such a talent.

Jamie Lynn said...

Ok, I LOVE the picture where he proposed! What a great story and you have proof too! Too bad you didn't get a pic of the two of you right after! You are a great photographer.....keep it up!

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Thanks, ladies!

Jamie, I don't have a picture of us, but I do have one of me showing off the ring that he took.