Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pay It Forward

I WON I WON I WON!!! Yesssssss!!! I have NEVER won ANYTHING and today gorgeous Miss Wendy (sorry, you can only visit her blog if she likes you) changed ALL that!! Wendy was doing a Pay It Forward Challenge on her blog. Essentially she awarded three people who commented on her Pay It Forward post with a Favorite Things goody package to be delivered sometime before March. (I'm hoping it's March 2008, although she didn't specify.) Lucky for me, only three people, including myself, entered. The rules stipulate that I "pay it forward" on my blog, meaning that I conduct my own contest. I'm going to copy Miss Wendy (who copied her friend Amanda) and do a Favorite Things Surprise. Now, to put things in perspective, I've been living with my parents for the past two years, so don't expect anything too fancy, but it will be wonderful, I promise. Here are my rules:

1. To enter you must leave me a comment here. I don't care what it is, just try to be a little entertaining if you will. I will not be swayed by bribes, so don't try it. You only get one entry, but you can comment as much as you like.

2. There will be one winner and one runner up. The winner will and the runner up will be drawn randomly. Probably from a hat and possibly by my two year old.

3. The winner will receive Annie's Favorite Things Surprise. The runner up will receive a smaller less fabulous version. Packages will be received by the end of April 2008.

4. Husband, you are not eligible. Sorry.

5. You do not have to have a blog to enter, however you must Pay It Forward in your own way. I have no way of making sure you do this, but the guilt on your conscience if you don't will suffice.

6. I will stop taking entries December 25th at midnight. No excuses.

Thats it! Happy commenting!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Um, your sidebar says December 25. This says December 5. Which is already over. So unless you meant December 25, I'm guessing your contest is running for the next year. Which would make sending packages by the end of April 2008 tricky. Just an observation.

miriam said...

I'm commenting here in the hopes of winning your favorite things and i have no idea what those favorite things might be.
in a way, i sort of hope i don't win because i don't want to have to pay it forward. the whole idea fatigues me, for some reason. i'm posting in the hopes that i'll get over it.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Wendy- Sorry, it is December 25th. I probably had a baby in my arms at the time. At least that is the excuse I'm going with. Are you entering? You can, you know.

Miriam- ha ha! You better hope more people enter then...

Eva said...

I like contests and I like things, favorite things are my favorite kind of things. This contest must be made for me!

Wendy said...

No, I am not entering. I just won one! I will leave the winning to some other lucky soul.

Kelly said...

You said to leave a comment. Well, i'm leaving a comment. This is me commenting on your blog. I am excited about you guys getting your own place. It's so much closer to me that maybe i'll get to see you guys more. I'm not sure how long these comments are supposed to be so I'm sort of just babbling. That doesn't look right....babbeling? babbleing? nope...I guess babbling is right. hm...okay. And now is when you post a comment in response to my comment and say something to the effect of "since you (me) are an English major, it's astonishing that you (me) can't spell very well." okay, I think this post is sufficiently long. Have a good day!