I thought I wanted to do a whole post about Christmas this year, but I find I'm too tired, too far removed from it to adequately do it justice. It was nice. Except for when Aidan wasn't able to understand why he couldn't have more "candies in [his] mouth". Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures of the festivities.

I love the above photo for everything that is going on. Aidan is, naturally, trying to steal Emily's toy, although he has no use for a mobile. Emily is simultaneously fascinated by the mobile and attempting to get her binky back in her mouth even though she couldn't
keep it in her mouth even if she was able to miraculously get it back in.

Aidan only got two toys this year. The rest were books and puzzles. This choo-choo is his favorite.

This is Aidan's other favorite gift (from his cousins Lauren and Logan), a Spiderman rolly backpack and "water baba". I'm not really one for things with superheros on them. Maybe it's silly, but I think it leads to a kind of idol worship in kids. You'll never see my kids wear clothes (even jammies) with superheros on them while I'm buying them clothes. However, Aidan loves this little backpack. He had to have it by his bed as he slept. Speaking of jammies, I love his railroad train pajamas. They were his Christmas jammies this year. I love that story "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst. At the end the kid has to wear his railroad train pajamas to bed and he HATES his railroad train pajamas.
4 comments:
i don't like cartoon characters on things either--even pajamas. my reason is more shallow. the colors are too bright and the look is not aesthetically pleasing. seriously, the number of issues i have is ridiculous. i'm a little ocd about aesthetics.
anyway, how is the move going? good luck with all!
yeah i'm commenting again! but i miss you and all of your posts! so post soon!
Oh, thats another reason I don't like characters on clothes, too. It's too "busy"!
I will try to post something soon. I've got some pictures I want to post, but we're kind of in a little bit of chaos still and we're kind of "borrowing" internet right now... So, I'll post as soon as I can!
(PS: I love that you can't live without me. ;) )
Yeah, cartoon characters on clothes, shoes etc., can be tacky, but every mom I know who swore she'd never buy them eventually broke down and bought them. Because when your four-year-old is going ape over it, sometimes you just have to say "okay". I don't relish the thought of them, but I'm sure my kids will own them someday.
Oh, and, NEW POST.
Post a Comment