Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Patrick's Glamour Shots

Back in December I was taking some pictures of Aidan whilst he was eating a pickle (he doesn't like pickles and knows that he doesn't like them but insists on trying them anyway, same with grapes) and my little brother Patrick was there. The light was so perfect that I couldn't help myself, much to Patrick's dismay.  I told him I was going to post them on my blog, so I'm finally getting around to it. (Patrick, we did a little editing, you'll notice.)


Anyway, what to say about Patrick...  He's the awesomest band geek you'll ever meet.  Seriously, though, this kid is talented.  He has a band, Patter Stats, but don't ask him what the name means because he'll just roll his eyes and shrug his shoulders.  He doesn't know.  They have a CD and you can find them on MySpace.  He's in the music education program at the University of Utah, one of the hardest, most demanding majors there is.  I'm not joking.  He leaves for school at 7:00 am and doesn't get home usually until after 7:00 pm.  He takes, like, 24 credits a semester.  Yeah, 24.   He's busy.

But besides his musical awesomeness, Pat's really the best kind of person. I've always thought that. So kind, so gentle-hearted. Meek, comes to mind. All the rest of us kids came to a certain age where saying "I love you" out loud to other family members became so uncool, but he never did. And even when I was grumpy (which was often) or angry (also often) or depressed (again, often) he'd always insist on a hug or a dance. Still does. I just punch him now. Kidding. Not every time. I think he's meant for greatness, more so than any of the rest of us Buie kids. He'll do amazing things.

Anyway, now that I've embarrassed him and myself. I love him. Wish I was more like him.


10 comments:

Alex and Ashleigh said...

I have been wanting to post about my brother who is Iraq and you have inspired me to do just that! Great job!

Kelly said...

I tend to brag about him too. Do you think it's because he's the baby of the family that we all this is amazing...? I mean, he is amazing but sometimes I wonder if I brag about him more because he's my "little" brother? Whatever the reason, he's amazing and he inspires me to be better.

Kelly said...

and yes i now realize that i was missing a word in there...so sorry. Oh and i also like your new little copyright littlefirephotography thingy on all of your new pictures. You're getting pretty fancy and all official like.

PS- I brag about you too.

Motorcycle Grandma said...

And I brag about ALL of you, including grandkids, in-law kids..all of you. I'm sure it's boring.

Great pictures of Patrick. He is a special spirit. We have all been blessed that our Heavenly Father allowed him to stay on earth and be a part of our family. Given the circumstances of his birth, it could have gone the other way.

I love how he has become so connected to his nephews and nieces. To see him hold Emily is very sweet.

OK that's enough sentiment. I'm going to cry.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Patrick's a special spirit! Patrick's a special spirit!

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Are you mocking me?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

No, I'm mocking Patrick, because he's special.

Patrick said...

Aww Annie,
You're just so sweet. And yes, I am a VERY special spirit.

Wendy said...

Hey, Pat, you kiss that girl yet?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Oh, Pat's not one to KISS and tell. :)