"Don't worry, Emily! I'm here! Don't cry! Oh, did you lose you binky? Here it is!"
When she kept on crying he started to sing,
"Rock-a-bye, don't you cry! We shall go see granny!" (A lullaby my mom sang to him.)
She didn't stop crying until I came in the room, but he kept trying, saying "Don't worry Emily! I'm here!" Over the past few weeks they've become increasingly aware of each other. Emily wants so badly to be able to get down and play with him. She's always watching him and often laughs at his silliness. Aidan is always concerned about whether she's tired or hungry or wants to play. It just melts me to see them interact. I had doubts that they'd be friends, but I'm starting to see it now and it makes me so glad. Especially how Emily looks at him, full of awe and wonder. It's good to be a mommy.
4 comments:
What a great big brother he is!
yay! i'm glad they get along. it gives me hope.
That is so sweet.
I don't know you, but I googled the words to your song, looking for where my grandma may have gotten them. Must be a Mormon thing, since my family is originally from southern Utah. If you know any more about where the lullaby came from, I'd love to know. slseifert@gmail.com
Post a Comment