Friday, February 1, 2008

Photo Ten



(I inherited my great grandmother's sewing machine. I didn't know it until I moved back into my parents' home with my little family and my mother mentioned that it was mine, that it had always been mine because it had belonged to my great grandmother, Annie Casey Buie, who I was named for. To be honest, I always thought the sewing machine belonged to my mother's mother. Anyway, when we moved out we brought it with us. My husband thinks it's just an old sewing machine, even though it's nearly a hundred years old. Husband: This sewing machine is my mirror. Anywho, I opened it up the other day just to see what kind of condition it was in, to see if it even worked, and I found it draped in these spider webs. Luckily the little creature who spun them had moved on. I checked. But I couldn't help but take some photos of them. You can see more here.)

2 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Yikes, I guess I should have opened the machine up once in awhile and checked its innards! I think that most of those webs came from when the sewing machine was stored in your grandmother's garage. You better check the drawers too.

P.S. Since the machine is operated by foot power, it still works.

Holly said...

that is so totally COOL! I love it. And I love that it says so much about you.