Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conversation With Aidan

Scene: I am in the kitchen doing dishes.  Aidan is in his room, laying in his bed drawing pictures on his MagnaDoodle.

Aidan:  Mommy!  Do you think this is a good picture?

(I walk into his room.)

Me: It's a great picture! ... What is it?

Aidan: Butterflies...(He studies it) This is not a really good picture.

Me: Yes it is!

Aidan: No... it's not.  I need to wipe it and draw you a new one and me a new one.

Me: Okay.  Let me know when you're done so I can see it.

2 minutes later.

Aidan: Mommy!

Me: I'm coming!

Aidan: See your new butterflies?  And my new butterflies?!  We both have two butterflies!  This is a really great picture.

2 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

You are so lucky to have two year old that you can actually have a conversation with and that draws pictures for you too!

Kelly said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Aidan is such a sweet little boy. You're lucky.