I just spent the last two hours or so watching podcasts about Photoshop, specifically about workflow, boosting colors, whitening eyes and teeth, dodging and burning, blah blah blah. I was diligent. I took notes. I even paused and went back a few times to make sure I understood what I was trying to cram into my brain. You see, I still have the wedding photos from two weeks ago to PP (post process, for you non-photogs), which isn't that big of a deal except that in the next week I have four (count them with me: 1-
2-
3-
4) photo events, including a full wedding, a wedding dinner, and two family portraits, so I am really wishing I had finished this last wedding already and sent it on it's merry way. But I didn't and now I'm trying to learn how to do it well and rush it at the same time, which isn't working. I opened my photos, pulled out my notes and I was TOTALLY lost. Curse the podcast man for making it look easy. It's not. So now I have to go back and watch it again. And probably again. Then there's the contracts I have to write up and figuring out how much I'm going to charge for the family portraits. And the meeting with my Tuesday bride on Saturday morning and the phone meeting sometime before Tuesday with my second shooter,
Ashleigh? And did I mention I'm sick? And I have an assignment for class that I need to finish because I totally botched it on Wednesday. And I have a load of laundry that's in the dryer getting all wrinkly and a load in the washer thats probably going to get funky because I don't foresee myself moving laundry around today. Laundry is one of my least favorite chores. If I can't focus on it and get everything hung up or folded right when it comes out of the dryer the chances of it getting folded at all, let alone put away, are slim to none.
Anyway, I'm on the verge of being overwhelmed. My class is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be and I feel like I'm quickly falling behind and it doesn't help that my teacher is very unorganized and wastes precious time going off on tangents answering questions that have very little relevance to what we are supposed to be learning. And then I don't have time really to do my assignments well because trying to take my time getting settings right and what not on my camera and composing a decent shot is a little difficult with a three year old and a nine month old constantly clinging on me.
And did I mention I'm sick?
Well, I am.
A head cold.
Sniff.
5 comments:
I don't know if it helps, but I like your photos. And, I plan on hiring you for my wedding, but I'm not dating anyone, so you have plenty of time. :)
Can't your hubby help you with Photoshop? Isn't he a graphic designer?
Annie: Thanks, sista!
Wendy: Yes, but he graphic designs with photoshop. He doesn't edit photos with photoshop. Apparently there's a difference. :(
Feel better and don't stress! It will all be good! Tuesday will be fun!
i'm sorry you are sick. i am too and it is no fun. :( and i'm sorry about all of the other stresses in your life. i wish you could get a "get out of jail free card" and you would be dismissed from all of your obligations. because dang it, you are sick!
i hope you feel better, and i hope that you get everything done on time. we miss you!
Post a Comment