Well, it's 11:00 pm and I just completed my first assignment for my Photo I class at SLCC. I really should be slinking off to bed since six am (when the babes have been waking up) is going to come pretty early. Oh, that's right, I haven't really told y'all that I was going back to school. And by "y'all", I mean those of you who are in my interweb universe. My family has known for awhile. Anyway, so, yeah! I am going back to school. One class at a time. It's going to take me five years to get an associates in photography, but whatever. My first class was last Wednesday. My teacher didn't show. Apparently there was some "confusion" about whether or not he was going to be teaching this summer. (He didn't think he was, SLCC did.) But we got started on Monday and I felt so completely overwhelmed. Seriously, photography has it's own language and I'm really wishing now that I had paid better attention in high school when they were talking about fractions and ratios because this small is big thing is really confusing me. I think I pretty much understand it now after having had to write a paper (yes! a paper! okay, it was only one page. okay, it only had to be a half page, but I'm trying to be an overachiever) on aperture. The photo above is one I took for the assignment showing a shallow depth of field. I'm still a little confused in the practical application of all this aperture knowledge I now have, so hopefully that will become clear, but until then I just hope the instructor likes my photos and tells me I'm on the right track. We have critique tomorrow, which is terrifying. I'm already nervous.The benefit for you is that I'll have lots of photos to post. :) Woot woot!
3 comments:
You're a smart young lady and all those learning/education brain cells will kick back in.
Annie, that is great! I'm proud of you for going after a personal goal & bettering yourself in a new way. That's hard to do when you have littles, but I think it's also a good example for them. It's kinda funny because I'm back in school this summer, too, trying to finally get it done. So we'll have to support each other.
good for you! you will be great and i'm excited for you. i can't wait to go back myself. :)
Post a Comment