Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Ashleigh, in this case.)
2. Mention the rules on your blog. (Done.)
3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. (Boy howdy!)
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. (Get ready, folks.)
Rock and roll....
1. I can't say or think the word "folks" without pronouncing the "L". I mean, it's there. I don't think there's a silent "l" rule, people!
2. I hate breath, as in I hate the smell of it as well as the feel of someone breathing on my face, especially hot breath. Ugh... I shudder just thinking about it. That's my major qualm (I know, there should be more) with the "Twilight" books. I couldn't fathom how Bella could possibly ENJOY Edward breathing on her all the time. So gross.
3. I am totally paranoid. If The Hubster or one of the kids get sick, even if it's just a cold, I immediately think about having to plan their funerals and how my world would fall apart. Sometimes, if The Hubster the has gone somewhere with out me (work), I imagine I'll get a knock at the door by some kindly police officer informing me that my husband has been in a major accident. (Do police officers even make house calls for that? I don't know.) That's crazy, huh?
4. Have I told you about my feet rubbing thing? I have to rub my feet together before I go to sleep.
5. I have a really sensitive palate. Frequently our milk tastes funny, like it's really sweet. My husband can't taste it and I think he thinks I'm crazy, but I promise it does. If it tastes funny, I can't drink it. I think I don't like onions and garlic a whole lot for that same reason, they're too intense and stay on my tongue for a long time.
6. I have a specific way I like our clothes to be folded to decrease the amount of wrinkles. My technique has changed over the years and my sweet husband has tried to keep up with it. I have just recently been able to let the clothes he folds stay as he folds them and not refold them to my specifications. I should be grateful he's folding them at all, after all.
TAGEES: 1. Annie H.
2. Jocie
3. Katie
4. Kelly (DO it!!)
5. Traci
6. Mom
11 comments:
eew i hate breath too! i can't even stand to feel my own breath on myself when i am trying to go to sleep. i'm with you on that one babe!
I love your quirks! How exactly do you fold your clothes, I am very intrigued(sp?)! :)
Ah, the folding techniques. It depends on the item. I used to work retail and a lot of my techniques come from that. My husbands t-shirts get the full retail shirt fold (arms folded under, shirt folded in half), but my shirts and the kids' shirts (that don't get hung up) are folded in half long ways with the front of the shirt on the outside and then folded in half once. The kids' PJs are fun. the bottoms are folded, then the tops are folded in half (the top to the bottom) and the bottoms tucked in between. Pants I just make sure that everything is flat and the seams match up as much as possible. Most everything gets hung up because wrinkles drive me nuts.
And there you go!
I did it! are you satisfied?!
You hate breath? Huh. What if it's not on your face? Like if Travis breathes on your hands to warm them up, or on yourneck to tickle you? Still bad?
What foods do you enjoy with your sensitive palate? Because I think that would make a lot of foods off-limits. Does it?
So does this mean that when I happened to fold your family laundry that things got unfolded and refolded by you? Geez, I thought I was helping out.
I did pick up on the kids PJs fold though.:) That one made sense to me...no searching in the drawer for matching tops and bottoms.
Another thing - you failed to mention your obsession of snapping one snap of a onesie before you performed your precise folding routine. I could never figure that out because it means that the onesie has to be unsnapped before you can put it on the baby. Please explain your rationale on that one? Inquiring minds want to know.
Kelly: Yes. Satisfied.
Wendy: Yep, pretty much hate breath. I can handle The Hubster breathing on my hands, okay, but still the thought of moist mouthy germs being blown onto my hands does not appeal to me. And it doesn't even have to be me that gets the breath. The Hubster thinks it's hilarious to blow in the kids' faces and it drives me nuts, but they think it's funny. I'm a lot more adventurous with food now that I used to be, but if it has too strong a taste or the taste remains on my tongue too long then I usually don't like it. I haven't really felt restricted in my food choices.
Mom: Nope, I didn't refold anything. Like I said with The Hubster, I'm just glad they got folded. The onesie thing is a bit ridiculous and obviously inconvenient, I'll admit. The only reason I do that is because I can't stand having the unsnapped bottoms uneven because it doesn't make for a nice fold.
Wow, I've had to do a lot of explaining! Didn't think it all was that strange! Ha ha!
I had to remove that comment because even though I figured out how to link between blogs, I still have a problem with proof reading.
I did your tag.
I do the onesie snap, too- otherwise things just don't line up right.
Thanks for having my back on the onesies, Wendy!
Post a Comment