- Age of potty trainee: 3ish
- Days potty training: 3
- Soiled underwear washed: 8 (four times each, including three poopy undies)
- Number of times 3 year old has been lifted over the bathroom baby gate: 5497*
- Soreness of my back: 6 (on a scale from 1-5)
- Mornings 3 year old has woken up dry: 3
- Potty treats: 4 (I forget to give them to him. Okay, I already ate them.)
- Number of days it took for potty training novelty to wear off: 3
- Diapers I have NOT had to change: 15*
- Threats: 0
- Bribes: 4
- Number of times baby girl has stood screaming and pitifully peeking over the baby gate because she is not allowed in the bathroom: 10
- Trips to the potty: 327*
- Successful trips to the potty: 6
*Numbers may be approximate.
8 comments:
Yay, for waking up dry every morning.
Yay, for 6 successful times using the potty.
Yay, for 15 diapers not changed.
I always hated the envitable poopy underwear part. But he'll get the hang of it.
Do you think you are having success in the P.T. department?
Congratulations on your final project!
Ugh, potty training. I DREAD potty training. Don't they have potty-training boot camp? If not, they should.
You take awesome portraits. And now it would seem they are MORE awesome. Which is, you guessed it, awesome.
Great job Annie! You rock! I am potty training Ian as well. I have been lucky with this one, he has been pretty easy, but I DESERVED it after what I went through with his brother! Hope it all continues to go well... you will have to teach me how to shoot RAW. I have always wanted to try but never have. :)
Mom: Yes, we are having success. He has done really well. I love hearing him say, "Mommy!! I need to potty train!!" ha ha!
Wendy: PT Boot Camp would be awesome. There's your next million dollar idea. ;)
Ashleigh: Didn't Ian just turn two?! You are lucky!! And I will teach you all I know whenever you want! RAW is awesome and not nearly as scary as you might think.
Annie,
Dr. Pete Stavinoha is a child psychologist at the hospital where I work - Children's Medical Center in Dallas, TX. He just wrote a great book called Stress-Free Potty Training (www.stressfreepottytraining.com), and he outlines the importance of training a child according to his personality. Is Aiden a goal-directed child? A strong-willed child? He offers specific tips for each of five distinct personality types.
Dr. Pete also offers a few quick (and immediately gratifying!) tips in a video here: www.childrens.com/Media/video/Potty-Training.cfm
Good luck!
And bless your husband's heart. Mine just went through the horrors of a kidney stone, too. Ouch!
Gotta love potty training! I'm so glad I'm 2/3 done! And I'm glad my kids were 2 when I did it, cause the poop only gets worse as they get older! Good luck though, sounds like it's going pretty good! And congrats on the project! You always did get good grades!
i can't even imagine the stress of potty training... and i can't even imagine chas trying. the other day i was putting chas in the bath and he of course peed all over the floor and as soon as i tried to aim it in the toilet he stopped. is that just a peak at what it is going to be like? (i'm so not excited)
hooray for you though! and nice job on your class!
Congrats on the progress.
PT is my least favorite activity in the world. Although it is cute that one of mine wanted to "ride the potty train," it just doesn't make up for the rest of the mess.
Post a Comment