Monday, September 15, 2008

As If I Don't Already Have A Full Time Job

Well, I'm a working girl now (again) and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.  On the one hand I'm glad for the change of pace, to do something new and different.  On the other hand I'm nervous about how it will change the routine I've become accustomed to.  I suppose it will be like school, a couple nights a week away from the fam, so maybe it won't be so bad.  

I'm working for CBT, my old ballet studio from when I was a kid.  I'm their bookkeeper/backup receptionist.  I would call it providence that the job came up just as we decided I needed to be employed.  I like it when things like that happen, when just the right thing happens just when you need it, a quiet acknowledgement that you're doing the right thing at the right time and that God loves you.   

So it's back to the old stomping grounds for me.  Well, sort of.   They're in an entirely new building now with many many dance floors and many many more students.  Oh, this photo of me was from my second recital with them.  It was "Hansel & Gretel".  I'm sitting there all angelic looking, but really, I had to pee SO bad that I had to sit or I was going to wet myself all over the stage.  Anyway, I digress.  Dancing at CBT was one of the best experiences of my life.  I have so many amazing memories associated with that time.  It's kind of fun to go back and see all the little girls having the same experiences as I did.  And it's fun to see a few remaining artifacts from my day, like one of the benches that used to be in the hallway, the sequined tiaras we got to wear when we were practicing our posture, the posters.  Even Stacey's handwriting.  (Stacey is one of the owners and was my teacher.)  And I saw Julie today (Stacey's mom and the other owner) and she hasn't changed at all.  Still dressed all in black with an extra large Diet Coke in her hand.  

I think this photo was taken when I first started at CBT.  My favorite part is my granny pants underwear UNDER my tights and leotard!  A ha ha ha ha!  Man, can you tell that was the 80s or what? 

Anyway.  While I was digging through my old photos to find these for your viewing pleasure, I came across a few other gems.  I'm going to post them as soon as I get them all scanned in.  For those of you I may have taken photos of in the past, be afraid.  Be very afraid.    

2 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Many, many memories of your ballet days...You'll get in a routine and things will be fine at home. You'll probably find that out of necessity, you'll be able to get everything done. I bet you'll like having some adult conversation during the day as well.

Annie said...

As one of the people I know you took photos of in the past I am afraid. Very afraid! How was the first day of work?