Monday, September 8, 2008

Things I Don't Understand

  1. I don't get how a three year old can not go to bed until after nine (even though he was put down at eight), get up at 7:00 am and STILL not need an afternoon nap.  I need one.
  2. I don't understand why it isn't required that baby wash bottles come with a pump instead of a flip top lid.  Have the bottle designers never bathed a wet, squirming one year old who tries to climb out of the tub as soon as she is put in?
  3. I don't understand why my three year old refuses to eat foods he used to gorge himself on less than a year ago.  
  4. I don't understand why the older we get the less energy we have.  I'm sure that now that I am trying to keep up with a baby and a toddler I require far more energy then I ever did as a kid.

4 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

1. It's the unspoken rule of kids. Get up at the crack of dawn no matter what time you go to bed and still not need a nap. You better get used to it.
2. This sounds like something that your Uncle Al should work on.
3. There's no explanation behind this. Your sister used to love fish and broccoli as a toddler and then one day proclaimed she hated it. She hasn't touched either since then.
4. You have the same amount of energy. Taking care of kids saps the life out of you.

Annie said...

I was reading your Twitter and I love the comment your Hubster made about that octave being off-limits. Made me laugh, so thanks for the laugh today.

The Funky Bunch said...

Hey, they DO make baby wash with a push pump top. I have bought them before at Walmart. You'll have to look for them. Or maybe you have and just can't find them. Yes I agree. We definitely need more energy now that we have kiddies. I almost always want a nap. But do I ever get one?? No!

Jocie said...

The other day the baby took a 2 HOUR nap and I got one too! It was amazing! Of course then he decided to stop sleeping 12 hours a night and now gets up at 6 AM. So unfair! I do not function well at 6 am.