Normally on nights like this (which happen far too often for my liking) I get out the old journal and write a page or two, but I'm not interested in that tonight. I was going to write about something serious and thoughtful and all that, but as I began to type it I realized that I don't quite have the mental capacity for it right now. So, instead, here's the long awaited CBT Reunion post. You all were waiting for this, right? Wait, did I even tell you it was happening? Oh, I don't care. I'm too tired to go back and look. Besides, this post is mostly for those who couldn't make it.



Let's start with a photo, shall we?

These are my girls. Back row first, left to right: Michelle, StevieAnn, Trisha & Morgan. Front row left to right: Cami, Annie H., me and Becca. This isn't all of them, we're missing quite a few, but I'm so glad all these girls made it. Aren't they all gorgeous? It's been three weeks since the reunion and it already seems like a distant memory. It was really good to see everyone. Since I don't remember much in the way of details, here are some more photos.
Here's Morgan Jane. She's amazing. Her sweet boy, Austin, was diagnosed with cancer not long ago and has had a tremendous fight with it. She told us he's doing much better, is out of the hospital and is on his way to recovery. As a mother, I can't imagine what she's going through. I broke into tears as I read about how they found out he was sick on their blog. Gohere if you want to know more or would like to help out with the incredible financial burden they are under. Look at that smile on her face, though! You'd never suspect.

This is Annie H. We had the shindig at her cute house up by Capitol Hill on "the steepest street in Salt Lake". I don't know if it has been officially named that, but that's what she called it. It is pretty steep. Annie works for the Convention Bureau (right?) trying to rope people into having their events in our beautiful state. Among all the things I heart about Annie, I'm really hearting that sweater she's wearing. Thanks for letting us invade!


This beauty is StevieAnn. She's the reason we had a reunion in the first place. We found each other on Facebook and messaged me and said that she was going to be in town during the holidays and that I was in charge of getting everyone together. :) So I did. She lives in New York now and loves it. She spent a lot of last year traveling, which I'm so jealous of.



She has never liked having her photo taken but I couldn't help it. (I'm really sorry, StevieAnn! I know it was rude of me, please forgive me!!) She got pretty fed up with me by the end of the night. Here, I'll show you:

This is her politely trying to tell me to bug off!
Here's Michelle. She lives in Utah County with her cute family. She teaches (or she did before her baby was born) ballet at a studio there and loves it. When she was pregnant she suddenly came down with a form of Palsy. (Is that right, Michelle?) She's still gorgeous. I've always been jealous of her hair. So pretty.

I love Trisha! Trisha teaches at CBT still, so I get to see her every week! She is so cute and I love seeing her all the time. She also is a 3rd grade school teacher in Kaysville. I consider Trisha, Morgan and I to be the "original" three because they were the only ones in our group at CBT when I started.


I didn't get a solo photo of Cami because she had to run off almost as soon as she got there to pick up her brother from the airport who was just getting home from New Orleans after playing in the U football game. But she was also in town for the holidays. She lives in Texas with her husband and kids. She hasn't changed at all and is still so cute and sweet!

And Becca! She lives in St. George right now and extended her visit up here by a few days just to hang out with us. I'm so glad she came. She, too, lived in New York for awhile. Becca was always so happy and dangerously hyper once she got a few Pixie Stix in her. :) It was really good to see her.

I didn't get a solo photo of Cami because she had to run off almost as soon as she got there to pick up her brother from the airport who was just getting home from New Orleans after playing in the U football game. But she was also in town for the holidays. She lives in Texas with her husband and kids. She hasn't changed at all and is still so cute and sweet!
I'm sad we missed the ones who weren't able to come or who we couldn't track down. I hope we can find them for next time. I love these girls. They helped me survive adolescence and for that I will always be grateful for them.
Now it's really late and I'm totally going to regret this in the morning, but oh well. *Yawn* I'm off to bed.
1 comment:
That must have been fun for you!
Oh, and I have that same sweater your friend Annie is wearing. I love it. It's from Old Navy. And probably on clearance right about now.
Post a Comment