I am truly feeling better. Much better. I've been able to step back and enjoy my children and husband more and be grateful for each day. I have a lot of work to do, though, and I welcome the guilt because it helps me to know that things need to change. For instance, the PBSKids dot ord watching is more like four or five or even six hours a day, not one. I also spend way to much time on the compy, but that has been helped by moving it into our bedroom. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say. Something else that is helping is the book "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood". We've been trying to implement some of their ideas, which I really like, and it has helped quiet the battleground a little.
I'd also like to whole-heartedly agree with the comment that Nicole left. I would quote her whole comment, but I won't (you can go read it if you'd like). But this is the part I think we all need to think about: "I guess what I'm saying is that we're all in this together, and the more honest we are with each other, the more we are able to understand each other, and ultimately, the more we are able to understand (and forgive) ourselves."
Part of the reason that I wrote that post was because I know that I'm not the only one out there who feels or has felt like that. I also know that we tend to keep our imperfections to ourselves if we can help it. I know all about this. I'm a champion bottler of emotions. But like Nicole said, we're all in this together. Heavenly Father didn't send us down here to figure things out all alone. He put us in families, he blesses us with friends. We're all supposed to carry each other's burdens. So, I encourage you all to be more honest with yourself and with those around you. And like Wendy said "Just like on an airplane, you have to put yon your own oxygen mask first."
Okay, moving on. I'm terrible at replying to comments, I apologize! I really mean to, but I don't know if you all go back and check to see if I've replied or not. Anyway, I'm going to reply now. Excited?
Respect
Jocie: The Decimation of Annie would be an appropriate title, too! Man, should have thought of that!
Pricey
So, I upped my price and I think it's coming back to bite me, even though I think its a good value. I thought that might happen, so I was prepared for it, so I may be readjusting my prices again. I used to charge $75 for a session and that included a disk of as many images as I thought were good (around 30 or so). But now my price is $150. $75 for the session and $75 for 15 images. Additional images are $7 a piece. What do you think? Would that price put me out of your reach?
My New Favorite Toy
Thinking of the words isn't hard! Just describe whatever is the subject! It's lots of fun!
Wha?!
Kelly, Wendy: My eyes are not blue. They're green. Your computer screen must see colors all wonky. :P
Wendy: I seriously will play with your photos! Send 'em if you want!
Annie: Yes! Help me with the video posting thing!
Traci: Someday, perhaps, we will live close enough to hang out. Travis would jump at any chance to move home. Miss ya too!
Well, I guess that about does it. Thanks again everyone.
Love ya.
3 comments:
You forgot me. :( I will start commenting away my friend so you can remember even though I am so far away, I am here. JK. I LOVE YOU!
what is with everyone and sweets this week? love the header... want a donut!
hope you guys are doing well and please let us know how we can make up all those favors :)
i stink at being a friend, i'd never read your confession post. i'm glad you're feeling better.
my new lens is a 50 and i love it. you should get one. you're images would be amazing.
Post a Comment