So, to celebrate my new found Mommy Time, I'm going to catch up on some posts.
First off:
Once upon a time we had a camcorder that we purchased for the purpose of recording video of the craziness that is our children. We never used it. Well, maybe a time or two, enough to fill up two DV tapes with Aidan singing the states song a thousand times, anyway. Wanted to make sure we got that on video, for sure. Anyhoo, we (I mean I) decided to sell it and purchase a point and shoot digital camera (pictured above). It has been a great little camera, although I still can't figure out how to post videos on here, or anywhere on the web for that matter. But the best thing about it is that it came with a special offer code from Shutterfly and I heart Shutterfly in a major way. MAJOR. We got an 11x14 print, a custom calendar and some notecards and all I had to pay was the shipping. Color me happy! So, to share my joy here are some obnoxious photos of a couple of my freebies.
Oh my calendar. How I love my calendar. It's filled with some of my favorite photos of the kids from last year. We've used a whiteboard calendar for a couple years now, but I miss having a calendar to keep after the year is done as kind of a record of what we were doing. I had planned on purchasing a Shutterfly calendar, so it was awesome to get it for free!

I so wanted a print of my temple picture and what can I say, free is good! Lucky for you I didn't take photos of the cards.
Moving on.
I wanted to move the computer and desk into our room because Emily can not be trusted to keep her body away from it, so Sunday we rearranged things, which I love. We also decided that it was time to get the kids' toys out of the family room and into their room. They have been stored in two bins in the entertainment center thingy, but the kids never played with them or dumped them all out and there were always toys everywhere. So we bought this:

Best decision ever. Well, almost.
And lastly, I tried my hand at self portraits. I had a great post for this including three great titles for said post ("Vanity, Thy Name Is Woman"/"She's A Total Monet!"/"Do You Want A Little Face to Go With Your Ugly?"), but I figured I'd spare you a post full of me whining about my wrinkles, pores, eyebrows and facial hair. You're welcome.
But I tried the old self portrait gig because I was reading some stranger's blog and she was challenging people to do self portraits and I thought, "Hey! Why not?" So I tried and I will possibly never try again. Turns out I have a ticked off face:

This is my face totally 100% relaxed. No joke. Don't I look like I want to shoot daggers right into your soul? It's ridiculous. Is this what I look like 95% of the time?! Geez! No wonder I don't have very many friends! So sorry to everyone out there who thought I was too ticked-off looking to come talk to. I'm not that angry, I promise!
(PS: The reason you don't see so much in the way of wrinkles, pores, and facial hair in the photo is because I lightened it as much as possible and then ran a face softening filter on top of that in hopes of erasing my hideousness.)
And that's it, folks! And I STILL have 40 minutes until I have to go get the boy! Guess I better go fold the laundry in the dryer. Drats.
7 comments:
Yes, you do look pretty pissed off. But that's not how you usually look. You usually look a little bit far-away, like you're contemplating something very important. And, you're going to hate me saying this, but your eyes look so BLUE in that photo. Weird.
And I love that shot of Aidan on your calendar. Maybe I'll send you a bunch of my photos and you can crop them and make them look cool for me.
BUT you do beautiful eyes! And it's not weird that they look Blue because they ARE blue! I think it's the christensen in us. Mom's resting face looks kind of scary and I've been told that I look mad when I'm really just starting off into space.
Girlfriend!! I constantly have people asking me if I am mad. I'm not!! But my "normal" face apparently seems like I am angry about something. Especially when I am driving. People tell me all the time that they saw me in my car and I looked so angry. It must be that I am concentrating too hard or usually I am off in la-la land thinking about something and trying to block out my screaming children. As for time without our kids - you know I am all in favor of that. Anytime I can get away from one or all of my kids is a good time. I wish we lived close to each other so we could hang out. Miss ya!
Oh thanks, Kelly. I know my resting face isn't too pleasant - but scary!
You should feel good about your mommy time - both you and Aidan will benefit.
ok, maybe scary wasn't the right word. Stern? Your resting face (as is mine and apparently annie's) is stern.
I have the same camera, only in black. I was going through a red phase at the time and wanted a red camera, but specifically would not get pink because it was too girly, so the compromise was black. Love it. I've posted videos online, happy to show you sometime, or email how to do it next time I do it. You do have a stern look. I think most of us do.
You do look very stern, but I don't think you look scary. As for wrinkles, I can't see any. And anyway, have you seen my mother? She is not that old, but talk a bout wrinkles. I know what I will look like in a couple more decades. I have that same camera, but older (like 3 years) and only gray. I adore it! I used to take it everywhere. I am a little less attached to it now. A little. I also have those same bins. From a baby shower no less! I haven't figured out how to get them to fit in my living room where all of the toys are. I guess the toys will eventually have to move into the babys room. Hmm, this must have been a good post, because I seem to have written a novel.
Post a Comment