I've had the same winter coat since high school, friends. HIGH SCHOOL. It was more than 10 years ago that I walked through those halls. It's a black pea coat and it was bought as a Christmas present back when the pea coat came back into style. It's worn and sorry looking. Buttons have fallen off and been reattached. The lining in one of the pockets is ripped. I once thought I lost my keys and searched frantically for them, only to realize that they had fallen through the lining and were hiding in the void that was formed by the outer and inner layers of the coat. It's old. Very, very old.
So, I want a new one. I deserve a new one! But I'm poor and I can't stand to spend more than $50 if I can help it. I started searching online a couple weeks ago and found this one on Overstock:
I coveted the purple one instantly. That collar! Those buttons! The belt! It was going to be mine, and at $27.99 it was well within my allotted budget. When I went to select a size, all that was left was the Orange or black in Large and XLarge. I wept. Bitterly. Had there been black in my size, I might have been consoled, but alas. I moved on.
Or, at least, I tried to. That coat, it teased me. It taunted me. As I searched about the web for a worthy substitute, invariably, if there was an Overstock ad, that coat was what it was selling. I'm not kidding when I say it happened it at least 4 times! It was like it was saying, "I know I'm gorgeous, but you can't have me! Na na na na na! Plbbbbt!" Jerk coat.
It's getting colder and colder, and I still have not found a suitable replacement. Help!

5 comments:
Wow, that is a super cute coat! Sorry it was out!! Don't you guys need like parkas down there cuz it gets so cold? I want a new coat this year too, but in chocolate brown. Yummy. Of course,waiting until the hubby gets a job will be of most importance!!
Try Burlington Coat factory (there is one on State by Fashion Place Mall). They have some cute stuff that shouldn't be too expensive..at least I don't think.
Good call, Kelly! I was going to suggest TJ Maxx or Ross. Or a consignment shop. Or maybe Old Navy? Also, Macy's has some killer sales, you might be able to get something you'd like there during one of them. Or, uh, yeah... I'm out.
I did a little looking around and found this
http://www.drjays.com/shop/P676191/basic-essentials/steve-madden-wool-short-pea-coat.html?st_link=Product%20Page%20Links%3AHookup&cm_vc=110693cxPH
It's $17.00 over budget before shipping but as of right now they have your size.
Eva!! Oh my! That is a GORGEOUS coat! I may consider going over budget for that beauty! Thank YOU for looking!
Post a Comment