This year, I got one of those. But before I show it to you, let me be slightly obnoxious and show you all the other great stuff I got.
The first came from Aidan. It was made in Preschool. I love Preschool projects!
Saturday, the kids spent the morning making these:
Then we went to a birthday/Mother's Day picnic with my family. (My sister's birthday was on Friday and my brother's birthday was on Sunday.) My mother gave me this:
Sunday morning came around and I was, admittedly grumpy. The Hubs had to leave at 6:45 am for his early morning Bishopric meeting, which left me to get myself and the kids dressed and one of them (I won't name names) decided he'd rather cry for 30 minutes in his room instead of getting dressed. Then Hubs came home before church and I was gifted with these:
And then Emily presented me with a box after nursery class. I thought that perhaps it was some chocolate. Maybe, if I was lucky, it would be one of those giant Hershey's kisses. I couldn't have been more wrong.
I'm sorry, but I have to say it, it freaks me out, just a little. I appreciate the sweet nursery leaders who thought to do anything at all, I really do. But... wow. Just, wow.
Hope all you Mother's had a great day, too!









8 comments:
Ye-ikes! I had a neighbor when I was little who had a baby die. They had a little hand like that with her name on it on display in their house and I thought it was her real hand. Ew. Ew. Ew.
You totally scored with those other gifts, though.
I think those are so darling. When they get older, you forget how very tiny those little hands were. How they held your hand and you miss them. I get a little misty thinking of the tiny hands I held, and how their owners grew up and are now holding tiny hands of their own. Those babies are gone, never to return, even though they grew up, the little ones are totally gone, unless you are lucky enough to have video. I don't. Enjoy and feel privileged to own a precious little hand sculpture.
~a
Over all, you had a pretty good Mother's Day weekend. Kudos to Travis for his spa gift, the Bible and the ring. (Don't you just love the benefit you get from him working for O.C. Tanner?) I love the drawings and pre-school gift. Those are the best. But, the cast of Emily's hand...not too sure about that.
haha!!! that hand....when you took it out of the box, it startled me. and then when i touched the fingernails and they felt real, i was scared.
That hand looks like it's reaching out of a grave and coming to get you. Creeeeepy. But your other gifts were great!
I can't tell if that's emily's hand or the nursery leader's hand. It looks huge! So, does travis know any single guys he can set me up with so I can score a sweet OC Tanner ring too?
I'm trying to get over the creepiness of the hand and have had moments of "someday her hand won't be this small... aw...", but mostly it's just creepy.
And yes, I do love the OCTanner specials. :)
I gasped when I saw that. CREEPY! No other word, just CREEPY! Don't worry, you have to put it "away" to keep it safe, so it will be ok!!
Post a Comment