Friday, May 14, 2010

This 'n That and a Kid in a Hat

My children are a little quirky.  Especially Aidan.  He's very particular about things.  Including which raisins he'll eat.
Apparently the pile on the right didn't meet his standards, but if you can figure out what the difference is, I'd be obliged.  All he said was that they were "yucky".

Preschool is winding down and this month is full of fun-filled activities.  Tuesday they put on a spring "play".  Aidan was a blue bird.
I recorded all four minutes of it, but I'll spare you.

And finally, Thursdays have been our long days.  It usually goes like this:  9:15 drop Aidan off at preschool (which is also CBT, where I work), go home, come back at 11:15 for Emily's ballet class, I work/hang out in the office while she's in class), ballet is over at 12:00, so is preschool, but Aidan has Kindermusik at 12:30 (also at CBT) and he eats lunch with his Lunch Bunch friends that are also going to Kindermusik, so Emily and I usually eat our lunch in the car.

(PS:  We just discovered "Fancy Nancy".  Um, hello?  Best books ever!)




At 1:05 we meet Aidan for the last 5 minutes of his Kindermusik class and we get home about 1:30.  But this week was the last week of Kindermusik, which means no more lunches in the car.  Thank goodness!

The End.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Fancy Nancy is the best! Jules so wanted a Fancy Nancy birthday tea party, but it just doesn't work when the majority of the kids her age are boys. Somehow I don't think they'd appreciate the dressing up and being glamorous. C'est la vie.

And the raisins? It seems the pile on the right may be slightly lighter in color. Or that could be the lighting. Yeah... I got nothing.

melissa said...

Are you kidding me?! That bluebird costume is awesome! Did you make that? I adore it. And I adore Fancy Nancy.

Annie Jarman said...

Heavens no, Melissa! I didn't make it! I'm not that talented. :) To make a long story short, CBT (which Aidan's preschool is a part of) makes all of it's own costumes for all of it's performances and they do story ballets (think Cinderella, Thumbelina, Wizard of Oz) and so they have a TON of costumes. And they are all really amazing.

And I think you're right, Wendy. I think the smaller pile is a bit lighter...

Grandma Cebe said...

I agree, the raisins on the right are lighter which probably means they weren't very ripe grapes when they were picked and thus make yucky raisins.

We had fun with the kids today.

Laurie said...

Aunt Annie, I am also a very particular eater. My mom describes me as finicky. While observing the raisins, I agree with Adian that the right side pile is yucky and I would not eat them either. Why? all the raisins are flatter and have a smaller shape. Also, they have little ditches in them.
Parker Jarman

Annie Jarman said...

Hee hee! Parker, thank you for your expertise! I think from now on I will consult with you when I have a question as to why Aidan won't eat something! Maybe you'll be able to shed some light on things!