Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How I Love Spring

I love spring. I love it SO much! It's finally warm outside! The sun is shining! The birds are chirping! We don't have to have the AC or the heat on at all! Besides making me happy, spring does a couple of other things for me. Now that I have a kid, I'm outside all the time and that is such a blessing because if it weren't for him, I'd probably just sit on my butt and miss out on the glorious weather. We've been on walks or gone outside to explore every day this week and I love it... well, except the part were he decides he doesn't want to walk the rest of the way home even if we've only gone a block so I have to carry him. I'm just grateful to have him to motivate me to get outside and DO things. I can't wait to take him to the zoo! To the park! Oh what fun we'll have! Another thing that spring does for me is make me want to go shopping!! And right now I have a very full bank account thanks to a really nice tax return and tuition reimbursement... Now, I know that 95% of that is going to specific things, but this girl needs some new clothes. A baby needs a new pair of shoes. So we went shopping today, and ladies, if you haven't heard about it you need to check out Down East Basics. The best.

Anyway, just wanted to share my love for spring! I wish it would last forever! And here are some pictures of the boy wearing his "gahs" or sunglasses. Much to my suprise he'll keep them on for a good long while! He always wears them when we go outside and today he put them on in the car and fell asleep with them on. When I took him out they were slightly askew. So cute, wish I'd had my camera.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Isn't Spring the best?! I love it, too. We kinda skipped it here this week & went right to 90 degrees...yuck! But "they" say it will be cool again, so I'm hopin.
Your little man is so, so cute!!

Wendy said...

AMEN! Spring is the best- and it gives me the "go shopping" itch, too. Hmmm...